Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 9:46am

Style: Western Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know much about Judo, but that Gneto fight for the Bronze was pretty awesome.

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 10:35am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I ask why the hell I need to sign in to my pay TV service before I can watch the online stream??? I realize I'm a bit odd; but I don't have a pay TV service. I was able to watch some of the video after the events were held yesterday, maybe there's some kind of moratorium? I can wait.

OK, rant over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 10:38am

Style: Western Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    North Korea 52k womens Judo gold? That woman was intense. Does anyone know the name of the throw that she won with?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 11:13am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't I see a lot of hip or standing throws in this? Everyone seems to do Drop Seoi Nage all the time.

Is it cause they're lightweights, or something to do with the new rules?

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 11:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toss up between Shove-y Nage and Brute Force Otoshi.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 11:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Toss up between Shove-y Nage and Brute Force Otoshi.
    i've been working on my brute force otoshi, any chance we can get one of your articles on it? :P
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    North Korea 52k womens Judo gold? That woman was intense. Does anyone know the name of the throw that she won with?
    Looks like O Uchi Gari to me.

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 12:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IJF's explanation of the controversial Ebinuma Cho decision

The International Judo Federation is strongly committed to equity and, as part of our sport judo, to the development of all the tools that in our competitions help the referees to make the right decisions, so that the best fighters win. In order to achieve this, a video system was set up and has proved successful.

In the quarter final between two fighters (the Japanese, EBINUMA Masashi, and CHO Jun-Ho from the Republic of Korea) during the Golden Score (three minutes sudden death period, where the first score wins) the commission intervened twice. The first time, after checking the video by three experts, to inform the referees that the impact of the projection of the Japanese could not be valued at level 1 (Yuko). A second time, when at the end of Golden Score, the three referees designated the athlete from the Republic of Korea as the winner. Indeed, the commission explained to the referees that the action, which had been recognized as a Yuko and then lowered in value, was nevertheless the strongest action to be taken into consideration.

The referee and the two judges of the fight, after having received the details from the experts commission, decided to change their decision and give victory to the Japanese. The IJF states that this is the final and right decision.
    Interventions from video experts during contests have been effective for more than one Olympic period, but it was the first time ever that they were acting on a final decision (flag decision).

Refereeing is a job under very high pressure and the CARE system (video replay system) is now of great assistance to them in performing their activity.

Judo, invented by Jigoro Kano at the end of the 19th century, has a definition of courage in its moral code, a definition which is: "courage is doing what is right".
    http://www.intjudo.eu/News/cikk2249

Japan Today are reporting that the head of the IJF Marius Vizer himself, personally overruled the referees and told them to give the contest to Ebinuma.
    http://www.japantoday.com/category/o...o-quarterfinal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 7:11am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Van Zyl eliminated in round 1 by the Azerbaijani. LAME LAME LAME. Did anyone see the fight?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 7:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey wait a minute.

Something's wrong here...

The American Judoka is pretty good, what in the...?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast