ghostshade
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hello from an ex lurker

Hello there bullshido though it was time to delurk and actually post on the forums.

short bio about me:

29 year old Swedish male who due to his work(It support tech) is out of shape which i will remedy during fall.

Started Martial arts with jujutsu but quite due to injuries and real life getting in the way.

started to train Aikido a few years back with soem friends and have stayed for the atmosphere and fun at the dojo. I am aware of all the pitfalls of Aikido that is why i tested to cross train with kung fu (5 animal form style) but ended that this year do to my need to get some real alive training and sparring.

That is something i hope you can help me with.

I looked at krav maga here in sweden but what i seen so far seems like a very light sparring mix of thai boxing and jujutsu with some added stress training. Not really what i am looking after.

Right now i am looking at MMA or somewhere where i can try muay thai/kick boxing mixed with bjj or sw.

I have found a few clubs and will test them out but i need some help from you people here.

I loved training jujutsu and think bjj would probably be ideal for me when it comes to grappling but i know way to little about SW to find any difference betwwen them besides that SW is without a GI and that it has its roots in western wrestling how do they compare when it comes to grappling? is SW more dynamic since you dont have the added leverage of the GI or are they similar?

As for striking i am basically at rock bottom and need to learn it more or less from scratch. Most gyms here train muay thai or incorporate it in MMA. My question is if its better to train just MMA for striking or combine them? have those of you who have trained both muay thai and MMA found any large differences?

the two gyms i am looking at right now are STHLM SHOOT
    and Pancrase Gym. Is there any swedish forum members here that could give any advice about the gyms?

Vidar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome! Nice to see other Swedes around here as well!

Pancrase Gym has, (or at least have had) a few merited fighters. Jörgen Kruth, Magnus Cedenblad, Lina Eklund and Musse Hasselvall comes off at the top of my head. The owner of the club, Omar Bouiche is a pretty well known name around Sweden as well.

I don't have any personal experience with the gym or it's fighters though.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

ghostshade
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK that is good to know. Do you know anything about nacka dojo?

Its annoying that the training wont start until late august or early september and due to the fact i have a bad cold i cant even go train at the gym. How do the rest of you handle the times when you cant train?

slamdunc thanks for the welcome. is anti-ninja Fu a good grappling art :P i love the fact that most of you are very creative with how you present you style

EDIT: how come i couldnt post this due to the forum complaining about links when there are no links in the post:/

Vidar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostshade View Post
    OK that is good to know. Do you know anything about nacka dojo?
    I don't know more about Nacka Dojo than I recognize the name, nor do I know anything about the fighters and instructors listed on their website.
    That doesn't meen much though, since I am not actively following any MA competitions. The fighters at Pancrase I mentioned earlier have been given much publicity recently and they've been hard to miss.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostshade View Post
    slamdunc thanks for the welcome. is anti-ninja Fu a good grappling art :P i love the fact that most of you are very creative with how you present you style
    It only entails researching Ninja fakes, and carrying a flashlight so that I can walk through the darkness without fear of delusional people in black pajamas (they call themselves 'Shadow Warriors") jumping out and trying to krotty or slice me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

ghostshade
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aha ok vidar thanks anyway. I will most likely find out when i go their to test the place out. This time around im am going to check around so i know how the training looks and feels before i comit to training at any of them.

slamdunc well all ninjas are fake so that should be fairly easy. as for them krottying you aim for their heads they should not have much of a guard :D. i always found the dark black clothes fun. during most nights dark blue would probably work better since the night sky is more dark blue then entirely black

Style
    Aikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could not get into the ghostshade account so i made a new one. since i could not get in contacts with the mods on the site here. Somehow the ghostshade account seems to not have registered my mailadress so i could not reset my password either. Mods can you please delete the ghostshade account so i have a working account on the site. If you need to compare the two accounts to see that i and ghostshade is the same person please do so. Also had i been able to get in contact with the forum admins to resolve this any other way i would not have created a new account.