Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 3:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I think people are judging Bader too harshly.

The entire fight, Machida was leaping backwards and never stood and traded with Bader. If he threw a strike, it was only one or two, then he would immediately retreat. Bader started running at him and reaching in an attempt to land a strike.

That last time, Bader thought Machida would once again leap 6 feet backwards as soon as he started moving in, and of course that was exactly what Machida wanted. He moved forward instead of back, and BAM.
    Why fight the way your opponent wants you to?

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The entire fight, Machida was leaping backwards and never stood and traded with Bader.
    Machida did trade with Bader.

Once.

On terms he dictated.

It ended the fight.

What exactly is the problem with this?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Machida did trade with Bader.

Once.

On terms he dictated.

It ended the fight.

What exactly is the problem with this?
    I don't have a problem with it, I think it's awesome. I'm not putting down either fighter at all.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 7:53pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Why fight the way your opponent wants you to?
    Because you were frustrated as hell and made a bad decision.

Bader didn't get knocked out intentionally. This man trains very hard and he's not an idiot. He was ranked #9 in the world before fighting Machida. Machida won because Machida is awesome, not because Bader sucks.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 8:00pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said before that I think people judge Bader too harshly. I think people judge fighters in general too harshly. People **** talk about the most talented and hardworking people in the world like they're idiots because they lose to the best. Of course we all know better in hindsight. Bader knows better in hindsight. He's more upset than anyone else that he let Machida fool him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 9:50pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because you were frustrated as hell and made a bad decision.

Bader didn't get knocked out intentionally. This man trains very hard and he's not an idiot. He was ranked #9 in the world before fighting Machida. Machida won because Machida is awesome, not because Bader sucks.
    I agree. People who haven't seen the fight need to watch it to understand what Bader was doing at the end. He literally had nothing going for the first round and a half and had to do something different/risky. Maybe the geniuses around here could have thought of something else to do, but at that point it looked like he had to either charge in and try to make something happen or lose a super wide horrible decision without landing anything. I suspect if he'd have done that more people would be all over him than now. Machida really is just that good folks.

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 10:08pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein McFly View Post
    I agree. People who haven't seen the fight need to watch it to understand what Bader was doing at the end. He literally had nothing going for the first round and a half and had to do something different/risky. Maybe the geniuses around here could have thought of something else to do, but at that point it looked like he had to either charge in and try to make something happen or lose a super wide horrible decision without landing anything. I suspect if he'd have done that more people would be all over him than now. Machida really is just that good folks.
    MCFLY!!!

I agree with you agreeing with danno.

I just saw your name and Biff's voice came to mind along with the query: 103 posts in 5+ years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 2:01am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    MCFLY!!!

I agree with you agreeing with danno.

I just saw your name and Biff's voice came to mind along with the query: 103 posts in 5+ years?
    Yeah, what an asshole, I can't believe you'd have so little posts for such a LONG registered time, amirite? *starts to sweat*

I wasn't bashing on Bader, I really like him as a fighter, I really wanted to see him just open up more as I love watching him fight! Something that looked a bit more like a gameplan to defeat Machida's counter pressure style.

I was disppointed that I didn't get to see Bader go beast mode in the fight, as a consumer of entertainment; it was still an entertaining fight I just enjoy longer fights with two fighters I like to watch fight, if this is still making sense....
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 4:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not talking **** about Bader or calling him an idiot, nor is it 20/20 hindsight to say you shouldn't go straight at a great counter-puncher like that. He got frustrated because his corner wasn't giving him any way to win the fight, not because Machida is a magician.

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 4:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might some bright light answer a question for poor benighted me? Given the level at which Bader trains and competes, what, oh what, was he doing with his left hand when he tried, that last time, to close and trade with Machida? It comes out like a pawing attempt, then--without Machida throwing anything downstairs--loops downward, leaving his face totally in the open.

Was it a feint of some kind? I have some difficulty imagining Machida falling for a feint like that, if that's was was being attempted. I have just as much difficulty believing that Bader or anyone in his camp would imagine it either.

A jab? With the hand like that? Right. Moving right along.

A parry--with the hand all the way out in front and with nothing thrown by Machida necessitating a parry? Right. Next.

An attempt at a grab? No not neither--not from a wrestler of Bader's calibre.

Did Bader think he had an underhook-in-the-making? See previous comment.

Did he drink some kool-aid and think looping the hand downward like that would somehow add power to his attempted right?

Can one completely forget the phrase "protect yourself at all times" at that level of competition?

Seriously, I'm at a loss. Somebody watch that KO and please tell me what Bader was doing, trying to close with his left hand looped down like that, leaving his face wide open.

Thanks in advance.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast