Page 1 of 18 12345 11 ... Last
    ApexPredator
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ApexPredator's Q and A thread

I've really been interested in ninjitsu but unfortunately I've heard that the lineage is dead but I was just wondering if you could still learn it somehow because surely the masters must of written some of this down or something. I don't want to get into bakinjan because from what I've read on this site I don't think that it is legitimate. Thanks.
    Last edited by jnp; 7/18/2012 10:09pm at . Reason: Changed title because of 8 merged threads

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, first off, this is freaky. I literally just looked up the etymology of the word apex because the term "Apex Predator" is going to feature prominently in a project I am working on.

Secondly, if you've read enough about Bujinkan on here to know it is crap, then you should have either stumbled on, or you should read the countless threads that say that learning ninjitsu from stuff written down is unlikely.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Style
    Parkour and Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is it about ninjutsu that you want to learn, exactly?

Style
    Jacket wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 threads all with the same title in the same forum? Hit enter too many times?

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not that it's dead; ninjutsu is very much alive, as evidenced by the vast number of ninjutsu schools in stripmalls across middle America.
    The problem is that, as a martial art goes, it's really sort of bad.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

top knot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    welcome to Bullshido - you've come to the right place. Can anyone say why his post count is '0' even though he obviously has a post? Am I missing something?

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are texts on ninja tactics like the shonininji, but they don't form a martial art or combat techniques. many japanese schools have ninjutsu elements, but what you are looking for doesn't exist. my take on the bujinkan is that they mixed the historical stuff with some jiujitsu and weapons techniques, added a ninja flavour to it all. the result is an ineffective martial art and a home for fantasy types.

Style
    boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and there's worse than the bujinkan, don't let anyone tell you they 're practicing some ancient hidden lineage in Oregon.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    I've really been interested in ninjitsu but unfortunately I've heard that the lineage is dead but I was just wondering if you could still learn it somehow because surely the masters must of written some of this down or something. I don't want to get into bakinjan because from what I've read on this site I don't think that it is legitimate. Thanks.
    You've read about ninjitsu on this forum already, and you're still interested in learning it? Odd. What exactly are you looking for in a martial art, then?

Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is probably the most Ninjitsu-like of the alive arts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoseikan_Budo

Failing that, you could probably turn yourself into a fair approximation of a ninja if you trained in FMA, Judo and Parkour. (Weapons, Throws, Evasion).

Page 1 of 18 12345 11 ... Last