Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 8:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Maximum Quality

Several years ago, when MMA started to become popular, motherfuckers were all like "Yo, we gotta get some ground game before we go into the cage, son. Gotta at least get a blue belt in jits otherwise motherfuckers gonna decapitate you with a gogoplata, mayne". And it was true, basic grappling skills could either win you some fights on a circuit, or keep you from getting rolled over by someone with skills and ****.

Now, everyone is a motherfucking elite grappler. Motherfuckers have excellent groundfighting because they been fighting for a while and they train on the ground. Which means that you are not going to roll all over a ************ because you possess sacred grappling knowledge like you could 7 years ago. Because everyone grapples. Seriously, I saw my neighbour's cat armbar the hell of out this puppy. I thought Felines were mainly strikers, but clearly motherfuckers been paying attention.

So the amount of time spent training really doesn't matter as much because motherfuckers spend a lot of time training. (You know how that **** is, the difference between 0 and 1 is 1, but that 1 is hell of a lot bigger than the difference between 8,769 and 8,768). And now kids are getting into MMA geared training early. Which means that motherfuckers are really going to max out technique in so much as technique can be maxed out. So how is this going to play out?

Then I was thinking about sports that motherfuckers been training in since they were like 4 years old or whatever. Boxing, Football (the one you play with your foot, not that other one with the egg), Tennis etc., and few even get close to champion level. Motherfuckers been boxing since they were 10, train all their lives with dreams of going pro and then get raped on the pro circuit before deciding to become coaches or paramedics or cashiers or whatever.

Is this already happening in MMA, where motherfuckers possess that technical knowledge and can't execute to win. Where they seem to lack the win gene almost? What makes the difference? Why is GSP better at Wrestling than all of those D1 All Americans who double legged before they learned to walk? Why is Jon Jones elegantly brushing aside motherfuckers who been training since he had his mother's nipples stuck in his teeth?

Is time training = technique = win usually only roughly true some of the time? Does the technique come out as a deciding factor when the difference in tech between the fighters is massive?

What is it that brings out that Maximum Quality that makes you do **** that motherfuckers can't handle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 9:26am

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see... there's genetics...training that involves systematic feedback of little technical stuff (a la that Blink book)...there's a competitive mindset. And regular sacrifice of virgins to Khorne the bloodgod.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 9:28am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Lets see... there's genetics...training that involves systematic feedback of little technical stuff (a la that Blink book)...there's a competitive mindset. And regular sacrifice of virgins to Khorne the bloodgod.
    **** me. It's been before my eyes all along. I'm missing only one of those things. But how do I gain this elusive competitive mindset?
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 9:32am

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use George Foreman's psychological discipline detailed in this rare documentary...

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=8JqjnbxvziM

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 9:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post

What is it that brings out that Maximum Quality that makes you do **** that motherfuckers can't handle?
    For me it's French onion/sour cream dip. That **** will tear me up son. I can clear out a room and nobody can handle that ****.

On a more serious note....
    Trained will usually trump untrained but for most people no matter how hard they train they will never be as good as that guy who is both gifted AND trained.

How many scientists have there been who studied longer and harder than Einstein???? My guese is quite a few. But how many have approached Einsteins level of genious? Now any physicist out there could baffle the **** out of me because I have no training, but even if I spent the rest of my life training I would never approach that level of greatness because I don't have the natural talent.

Some people just have the gift for a particular thing. Every now and then you get that miracle where natural gifts/talent, training and opportunity all converge on the same person. That person is the one who will end up being truely great.

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 1:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the average I would say hard work and training properly (excluding crazy outliers) beats talent.

If you really interested in the subject I suggest you read the below link
    http://betterjudo.com/book-reviews-3...-is-overrated/

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 1:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    ...and talent. Which I hear can be got on the internet.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 2:30pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    On the average I would say hard work and training properly (excluding crazy outliers) beats talent.

If you really interested in the subject I suggest you read the below link
    http://betterjudo.com/book-reviews-3...-is-overrated/
    Great link. Thanks.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 2:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread wasn't supposed to be about motherfucking hard work vs talent, because that's discussion's woulda been had several hundred times in the last month or so. It was meant to be about grappling technique becoming less and less a deciding factor in ones success as a fighter as more motherfuckers start to train in that ****.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast