Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Judo beats BJJ

  1. #11
    Gezere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,579
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both BJJ and Judo is FREE where I live. Yes FREE!!!!
    I teach the BJJ class and to aviod any issues with MWR I do not charge and the class is open to all. Saves me some hassle.
    The Judo school is 3km from my house off base whith guys who compete regularly including alternates for the German Judo team. It is FREE!
    And yet the mats are realatively empty. :(
    Jiu Jitsu and other MMA magazines get sold out all the time. I see guys walking around with MACP, TAPOUT, JACO, and other gear and yet my mat is pretty empty.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

  2. #12
    Gezere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,579
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    1600 dollars a year? That is highway robbery! Sweet god in heaven...
    WHAT!?!?!?! No it's not. Its comes to approx $133 a month. Thats actually pretty good in most places. The last time I actually paid to train, which was really more to help the school since I did my fair share of teaching classes, was $125 a month. I know people who pay $175+ train.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    72
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    WHAT!?!?!?! No it's not. Its comes to approx $133 a month. Thats actually pretty good in most places. The last time I actually paid to train, which was really more to help the school since I did my fair share of teaching classes, was $125 a month. I know people who pay $175+ train.
    At the school I attend $133 would cover training in BJJ for 4 months, I can't imagine being able to justify paying anywhere near $1600 a year unless you are intending to fight professionally, and even then the gym better be run by someone with the last name Gracie.

  4. #14
    Gezere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,579
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kave View Post
    At the school I attend $133 would cover training in BJJ for 4 months, I can't imagine being able to justify paying anywhere near $1600 a year unless you are intending to fight professionally, and even then the gym better be run by someone with the last name Gracie.
    You pay ~$33 a month for BJJ? That is very cheap.
    As stated $1600 a year is actually in the normal range. I don't know why it would have to have a Gracie name to spend that much considering there are a lot of kick ass BJJ guys who don't have that as a surname.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    210
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be paying 40 euros a month which is a lot cheaper than I expected.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Both BJJ and Judo is FREE where I live. Yes FREE!!!!
    I teach the BJJ class and to aviod any issues with MWR I do not charge and the class is open to all. Saves me some hassle.
    The Judo school is 3km from my house off base whith guys who compete regularly including alternates for the German Judo team. It is FREE!
    And yet the mats are realatively empty. :(
    Jiu Jitsu and other MMA magazines get sold out all the time. I see guys walking around with MACP, TAPOUT, JACO, and other gear and yet my mat is pretty empty.
    Do you think you can hang around for 2 years until I become a consultant and can move back to Europe?

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lucked out too. I do BJJ/kickboxing for 50 a month where I go.

  8. #18
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,510
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kave View Post
    can't imagine being able to justify paying anywhere near $1600 a year
    Really depends on where you are. If someone is running a professional school in a major city, rental of space alone will dictate big fees for members.

  9. #19
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,616
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    WHAT!?!?!?! No it's not. Its comes to approx $133 a month. Thats actually pretty good in most places. The last time I actually paid to train, which was really more to help the school since I did my fair share of teaching classes, was $125 a month. I know people who pay $175+ train.

    I pay $100 bucks a month. The instructor upped it to 120, but I stayed at 100.

    Very damn pricey, still.

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

  10. #20
    Gezere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,579
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Do you think you can hang around for 2 years until I become a consultant and can move back to Europe?
    I will be here at least to 2014. I am planning to stay longer but will see what happens then.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO