Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 11:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    Gladly. In the context of MT round kicks, this is more or less true. Sure, you can lean back a little bit to (barely) stay out of punching range of someone the same exact size, but my statement, made in vast generalities as it may have been, was referring to setting up combos involving round kicks. Since round kicks employ the shin, you're forfeiting a few extra inches of range that another kick might afford. Even within MT, the teep, which is a front kick using the ball/bottom of the foot, has a longer range.

The main point I was making is that you don't really need to change up your range when connecting punches in kicks, unlike the way you do to move in for knees or elbows.

For the record, I'm not Kid Spatula. I'm a dude, and small or no, as long as you're a somewhat proportional human, your MT round kicks will have about the same range as your punches.
    Okay, in the context of combinations incorporating shin-kicks (we used them a lot when I was in KK and Kudo), the comparable-range scenario makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification. For the record, other than cut-kicks and knees, I don't use kicks that often, so it isn't really my area--hence the question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 11:59am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Okay, in the context of combinations incorporating shin-kicks (we used them a lot when I was in KK and Kudo), the comparable-range scenario makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification. For the record, other than cut-kicks and knees, I don't use kicks that often, so it isn't really my area--hence the question.
    No worries, dude. Happy to clarify.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123