Posted On:
    7/20/2012 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

'The Batman Shooting'

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-more-wounded/

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Last edited by Colin; 7/20/2012 9:52am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 9:56am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That really sucks, I used to work there and know a lot of people stationed there. Can't wait to find out what this f'ng guy's motivation was...

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 10:14am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can understand when it is a terrorist attack, they made me get used to crap like this, just the other day they murdered 5 israeli tourists in Bulgaria. But when the motive is plain madness it is even harder to digest. Turning on your own like that..

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 10:51am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just did a quick look-up of spree killings around the world. these things are disturbingly common.

Europe is turning into a warzone. 295 deaths to America's 292 since 1913. Even with a tiny fraction of America's private weapon ownership.

America's spree killers kill an average of 11.68 victims. The non-us average is 17.3
    Europe's is 14.75.

Finland has become terrifying: .43 spree-murders per 100,000 residents. Europe overall is at .039, and America is .093. Norway has 1.55 (!!!!) but that is all attributed to the one 2011 incident that killed 77. As a small nation (population-wise) this is an outlier.

USA leads the world in QUANTITY of sprees (at 25) by several orders of magnitude.

This excludes drug/organized crime killing spree numbers. South America has absolutely NO competition there. Numbers int eh tens of thousands, and as such not relevant to this discussion.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many reports coming out that the theater did not allow Concealed Carry.

That they actively routed it out and denied people their 2nd amendment right.

I am hoping the theater gets sued.

It is horrible when these things happen. The harsh side to reality is that the Police cannot be there to protect you. It is not realistic to think they can be.

This would not have happened if people were allowed to carry in that theater. As the perp would have had a fight on his hands versus the spree that he committed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO a lawsuit will fail. They'll hold up the previous smaller shootings as a defense. Also, you'll have to check the laws as many states allow businesses to make the final determination about weapons on their premisses.

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:02pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    There are many reports coming out that the theater did not allow Concealed Carry.

That they actively routed it out and denied people their 2nd amendment right.

I am hoping the theater gets sued.

It is horrible when these things happen. The harsh side to reality is that the Police cannot be there to protect you. It is not realistic to think they can be.

This would not have happened if people were allowed to carry in that theater. As the perp would have had a fight on his hands versus the spree that he committed.
    I highly doubt that having a bunch of untrained civilians shooting back while blind from tear gas against an attacker with a bullet proof vest and an assault rifle would have done much for the situation.

Now if the theater had employed armed guards, maybe I could see that point.

**** like this is going to make me go anti-gun.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I highly doubt that having a bunch of untrained civilians shooting back while blind from tear gas against an attacker with a bullet proof vest and an assault rifle would have done much for the situation.

Now if the theater had employed armed guards, maybe I could see that point.

**** like this is going to make me go anti-gun.
    Considering this post, your anti-gun logic is impeccable.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least someone could have shot back.

You create gun free zones, and the nutbags, criminals will come find you and do what was done here.

Again, its your duty to yourself, your family, community and state to get your license and protect yourself, your family and community.

The cops cannot do it, as they are outnumbered.

Also it is not the job of the police to protect and serve. The onus of self defense is on the individual.

That anyone with a brain thinks they are safe because the cops are going to come save them is not dealing with reality.

In a few states after citizens were murdered while waiting for police to arrive their lawsuits went to the Supreme Court and the decision was found that the job of the police is to investigate crime and enforce the law.

Absolutely nothing to do with protecting and serving.

and you make an ignorant comment about untrained civilians shooting back but the theater should have armed guards.

They(The theater) shut down the right of citizens to defend themselves but they should have forked over money for armed rentacops??

Time to get your head out of the sand.

The world is a scary place, and you need to be able to defend yourself.

If you are not willing to defend yourself, why would someone else do that for you?
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 7/20/2012 12:20pm at .

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    At least someone could have shot back.

You create gun free zones, and the nutbags, criminals will come find you and do what was done here.

Again, its your duty to yourself, your family, community and state to get your license and protect yourself, your family and community.

The cops cannot do it, as they are outnumbered.

Also it is not the job of the police to protect and serve.

In a few states after citizens were murdered while waiting for police to arrive their lawsuits went to the Supreme Court and the decision was found that the job of the police is to investigate crime and enforce the law.

Absolutely nothing to do with protecting and serving.

and you make an ignorant comment about untrained civilians shooting back but the theater should have armed guards.

They(The theater) shut down the right of citizens to defend themselves but they should have forked over money for armed rentacops??

Time to get your head out of the sand.
    Oh good lord you're jumping to alot of conclusions there.

I'm not suggesting they should have employed armed guards, but stopping a shooter at the door would be preferable to having a shoot out in a crowded theater.

I have seen some of the idiots using CC and yes I'm saying I would rather a cop protect me than most of them.
Page 1 of 35 1 234511 ... LastLast