Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 2:35am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Haye Chisora rounds 1 or 2. Later on in the fight I think I saw Chisora using it to force Haye's head down to feed him some uppercuts.
    Rewatched it again. Looks like Chisora was having a hard time finding his range, so whenever he had Haye in the clinch he tried to get his licks in. Chisora must have thought he had a weight advantage.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 3:59am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Author of Philosophy of Fighting: Morals and Motivations of the Modern Warrior Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Rewatched it again. Looks like Chisora was having a hard time finding his range, so whenever he had Haye in the clinch he tried to get his licks in. Chisora must have thought he had a weight advantage.
    He had a huge weight advantage. He was 37 pounds heavier, if I remember right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 5:23am

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Khan fight was so awesome. I almost lost my mind when he hit the canvas in round 3. Thanks for posting the Haye fight, I missed it. You think he'll get his shot at Klitschko now? There's a fight I'd love to see as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:50pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithAtTakadaDojo View Post
    He had a huge weight advantage. He was 37 pounds heavier, if I remember right.
    Yeah, you're correct. If you noticed at times within the clinch, though, Haye was able to push Chisora back. So even though he was only 210lbs, the dude is pretty damn strong.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    That Khan fight was so awesome. I almost lost my mind when he hit the canvas in round 3. Thanks for posting the Haye fight, I missed it. You think he'll get his shot at Klitschko now? There's a fight I'd love to see as well.
    Vitali's fight with Manuel Charr might be his last. It all depends on if Vitali gets elected as the mayor of Kiev in October. If that happens, Vitali's definitely going to retire.

By the way, I wouldn't mind if Vitali retires since that would free up the WBC belt. Wladimir holds all the other significant titles, and I suspect this is as close as anyone will ever be to unification. (The "regular" WBA that Povetkin holds does not count.)

While the current spate of heavyweights hold nothing on the Klitschkos, the prospects coming up have strong potential. I particularly like David Price, Tyson Fury, and Seth Mitchell. None of these guys are good enough to fight a Klitschko right now, but I definitely give them a chance after a year.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12