Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 11:59am

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shinsen Taijutsu Kai

Anyone heard of Shinsen Taijutsu Kai? It is based in Australia. It says,

Shinsen Taijutsu Kai is a traditional Japanese style Martial Art built around the key ideas of training the mind, the body and the human spirit in cooperation with the core values of mutual respect, personal growth and integrity. We are an art that employs every manner possible to ensure that all of our students can progress and learn no matter what age, experience or fitness level.

Our students learn every form of hand to hand combat the body is capable of, but we are not about turning our students into professional fighters. Rather we aim to see that they feel the physical and mental benefits of training on a daily basis. We will make you fit, but this is not an eight week boot camp just to get you back into your favorite jeans. Rather a life changing journey. And whether you train for a year or 10, you will always take the benefits of your training with you forever.
    here is a youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinsenTaijutsuKai

Here are some videos to view. They have COOOOOL uniforms!!!

Scarey music too!

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 12:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Orange belt sparing" Spare the orange belt spoil the blackbelt. Here be ninjers.

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 1:05pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post

Scarey music too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I'm a ninja, he's a ninja, she's a ninja, we's some ninjas, wouldn't ya like to be a ninja too!"

The blue belt grading looked a lot like Gymboree with all the monkey rolls. I am not sure if that is supposed to be ukemi, but no matter what, it was terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 3:31pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I really don't understand, and this seems to be true for a lot of martial arts schools, how does anyone make it past white belt, or be allowed to progress past white belt, without being able to throw a simple punch.

Right cross, reverse punch, ninja lunge punch, whatever the school happens to teach...if someone can't even do that most basic thing right how can they get promoted even once, much less- like in the first video- several times.

Don't even get me started on the kicks and rolls. And the sword, which I usually give a pass on since one's proficiency with a sword isn't really all that relevent in modern times.

And as a disclaimer I'm talking about arts that teach striking.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    One thing I really don't understand, and this seems to be true for a lot of martial arts schools, how does anyone make it past white belt, or be allowed to progress past white belt, without being able to throw a simple punch.

Right cross, reverse punch, ninja lunge punch, whatever the school happens to teach...if someone can't even do that most basic thing right how can they get promoted even once, much less- like in the first video- several times.

Don't even get me started on the kicks and rolls. And the sword, which I usually give a pass on since one's proficiency with a sword isn't really all that relevent in modern times.

It is called the almighty McDojo Pay check. I have seen kids at the school that I used to teach, who couldn't even throw a proper side kick above their knees. And these were kids who had gotten their black belt. In a TKD Dojang, a place that teaches, *gasp* KICKING!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boggles my mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 3:48pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the camo gi because you could also go outside in it and hide in the bushes before jumping out and doing a flying sidekick on someone. Have you ever done that before? It must be exhilerating!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 4:02pm

Style: TKD, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post

Yeah and if they're going to do throws, at least teach them not to ROLL ON THEIR SPINE. I mean seriously, before leaving white belt -- this is the most basic of safety precautions. He kicks and punches the bag like a drunk...he's right there and he can't even hit the bag directly. Saddest part is, I'm quite sure they're all sober.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 10:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OR...

Shinsen Taijutsu Kai could mean Drunken Style Ninjutsu. In which case they were not all sober.

The way that guy was flopping his rolls was kind of drunken style. At least what is in the kung fu movies.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast