Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    karate, Mexican Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another Intro "GAY"

Teen life:
    Trained shotokan for a couple of years as a youngster. Managed to win a state championship in my division at that time. (south Texas traditional karate assoc.) some crap like that.

shortly after this time in my life, I realized that there r only so many kicks and punches u can use and felt that any style of karate was useless. if you know one kick or punch u know them all.

what I learned from my sensei was it's not the punch or kick u worry about. it's who is punching or kicking u that matters. oh and when u punch or kick someone make sure they don't get up after. sensei was a Vietnam Vet.

College Years:
    found western boxing. Felt superior to boxers, thought to myself " If I ever meet a boxer on the street I'll just kick him in the nuts". This thinking quickly changed when I found out we spar on day one of training. After a couple of months coach would put us in to take beatings from a welterweight. This is when my opinion about boxers changed. I had never felt this kind of power in my life, let alone from someone about 5'5 150lbs. I was 6'ft 205 lbs, a regular beast noob, the guy was ranked 4 in the state of Texas. I still talk about those whoopings I received.

Adult Life:
    Elbow hurts, knee aches and now I'm told u need a ground game. FML

Goal this year, improve shoulder and hip throws, and get a decent ground game. And have throw downs in my area, South Texas, Zavala County to be exact. Bam Bitches!!!:TrollDad:

Hitokiri88
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol. You're funny. Welcome to Bullshido. ^^ Enjoy your stay.

What do you study know? BJJ? Judo?

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    karate, Mexican Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the moment only judo and bjj access is YouTube and google, there is a kajukenbo place about 45 min away. Too far I say to learn kicks and punches, don't want to reinvent the wheel. But in their defense, guys from work tell me they have a bjj instructor.

At the moment reading Saulo Ribeiros' book Jiu Jitsu University. book is amazing, u might be lacking roll time, but your technique will be flawless.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotodefense View Post
    At the moment only judo and bjj access is YouTube and google, there is a kajukenbo place about 45 min away. Too far I say to learn kicks and punches, don't want to reinvent the wheel. But in their defense, guys from work tell me they have a bjj instructor.

At the moment reading Saulo Ribeiros' book Jiu Jitsu University. book is amazing, u might be lacking roll time, but your technique will be flawless.
    Haven't heard a lot of good things about Kaju schools. Checked one out in my area when I was looking for MMA gyms in my area, and their claim of "BJJ instruction" turned out to be the occasional seminar, not regular classes. Can't speak for the one in your area, but 100 dollars says it isn't worth driving 45 minutes for.

You unable to find a Judo club in your area, or are you just not able to get in there just yet?

Oh, and yes, Jiu Jitsu University is a top notch read. Can't beat it for BJJ books.

Style
    karate, Mexican Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in a small town of 8000, former Spinach Capital of the world.

closest towns of promise.
    Laredo:
    100 miles away
    San Antonio:
    120 miles away

So I'm kinda in da boonies, pretty much self taught. (i.e. Throws, BJJ)
    I kinda figured practice high percentage judo throws and master Saulos white to blue teachings. Have a killer sprawl, I'm almost invincible ( in my own mind).

My dad learned from old Bruce Tenger books, and sparring with friends, and beating on Vietnam Vets, back in the 70's.

I'm 30 dads like 56. He loves Aikido, I mentally scoff when he wants to show me some technique.

maybe when I get some access I can post a vid of me and the old man doing Mexican Stickey hands.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotodefense View Post
    maybe when I get some access I can post a vid of me and the old man doing Mexican Stickey hands.
    I'd like to watch that. I know I'll enjoy it more than Wing Chun sticky hands LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you elaborate on the significance of your title?

Style
    BJJ, Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I'm confused too.

Style
    karate, Mexican Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just meant to say "NOOB" Intros r gay.

oh, and how could I post a vid or pic here?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last