Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 5:10am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    My favorite part is how the robber seems to be whining but is not taking into account that he ran into a building brandishing a weapon attempting to rob them.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, but then I realized what happened (I am assuming a lot here). The thug said all this after having spoken with the detective investigating the robbery. A big part of the interview process (trying to elicit a confession) was to transfer blame to old guy with a gun.

By the time the detective was done, the thug gladly told his story. He was convinced that he had just 'made a bad decision', and was 'lucky to be alive', and would feel better if he 'just talked about it'. The thug was merely verbalizing the things he was feeling after the detective convinced him to confess. I love it.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 9:13am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right but I still can't believe he isn't stepping back and asking him WTF do you expect people to do when you wave a gun at them.

Though Henderson said he doesn't blame Williams for shooting, he takes exception with Williams shooting at him while he was down.

"I was down, and I'm not going to continue to shoot you," he said.
    He has and exception with the guy shooting him while he was down!?!?!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 9:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right but I still can't believe he isn't stepping back and asking him WTF do you expect people to do when you wave a gun at them.

He has and exception with the guy shooting him while he was down!?!?!
    Thug Mentality: If you ever really understand the way they think, be SCARED. The sad thing is now this POS has bragging rights. Even the one that had his arm grazed will proudly show his scars to his cell-mates and fellow thuglets.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Thug Mentality: If you ever really understand the way they think, be SCARED. The sad thing is now this POS has bragging rights. Even the one that had his arm grazed will proudly show his scars to his cell-mates and fellow thuglets.

I don't understand the thug mentality but I do know street cred. Theirs will be short lived if someone finds out it was an old guy that shot them. An old white guy at that. The vid of them running like bitches isn't going to help either. So they will probably go with another story and hope no one finds out or they might stick with the truth and try to do something stupid to prove themselves.

Getting shot in a shoot out with the cops or someone you have beef with = street cred
    Getting shot by and old white guy when you try to rob them = laughed at and possibly someones bitch
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He ran off pretty well considering the bullet wounds in his hip and ass.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing, but then I realized what happened (I am assuming a lot here). The thug said all this after having spoken with the detective investigating the robbery. A big part of the interview process (trying to elicit a confession) was to transfer blame to old guy with a gun.

By the time the detective was done, the thug gladly told his story. He was convinced that he had just 'made a bad decision', and was 'lucky to be alive', and would feel better if he 'just talked about it'. The thug was merely verbalizing the things he was feeling after the detective convinced him to confess. I love it.
    Motherfucking interesting perspective, son. I never would have thought of that ****.

But then again, isn't everybody a tough guy with a gun in their hand and a ***** with 2 bullets in their ass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Motherfucking interesting perspective, son. I never would have thought of that ****.
    Reid Technique of Interview and Interrogation..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    But then again, isn't everybody a tough guy with a gun in their hand and a ***** with 2 bullets in their ass?
    Indeed, LOL. In many of the gangs (locally, anyway), if they shoot someone in the ass to as a warning or to brand them a mark or snitch. That is if it isn't serious enough to kill them over.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand the thug mentality but I do know street cred. Theirs will be short lived if someone finds out it was an old guy that shot them. An old white guy at that.
    They will likely leave the relevant parts out of their war stories LOL.

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I read he made a hit into the hips and buttock of one of the attackers with a .380ACP. I want you all to note how ineffective the shots were and how if the attackers were determined, he would have been fux0red. One of the BGs even had his weapon pointed at him. Don't count on a gun to save you. You need to be able to put a lot of rounds into a specific area in a short amount of time! Practice Practice Practice
    Thwarting a robbery and sending the perps fleeing, and eventually to the hospital seems like an effective DGU.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 1:10pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Playing the "What if" game is silly at this point. He may not have killed his attackers but the shots were indeed effective.
    A weapon pointed at you, and your shots completely missed the vital areas? Silly? I call that luck, and no one should count on luck.

I don't think its silly; I think its something that anyone who has a weapon in their home or carries it need to ponder. Old man was lucky here. Yes he was armed and he did fire the weapon, I know that alone increases your chances of survival, but the shots, effective in this particular case, would be considered ineffective in most others.

Old guy was lucky because his attackers were incompetent and unprepared. With any sort of mindset, awareness and determination the old man would have been shot dead; either before he even got the weapon out, or by return fire. I don't care if the shots were lethal or not; what matters is when you fire your weapon, you need to maximize the chances that your shots would stop your opponent. That usually means hitting CNS, and if not, heart and lungs with effective ammo. Hip shot actually may not be that bad if you had ammunition powerful enough to actually cause severe damage, but in this case the perp was actually still mobile; which means if he had not chosen to run away, he would have been able to return fire or come closer.

Basically I'm saying, the lesson is practice more with your firearm. The old man did this gun stabbing thing, where he 'stabs' his gun into the target area in anticipation of recoil. It causes misses. Its what lot of people who barely practice with their firearm do. I'm glad he was smart enough to get very close to his opponents and did not cause collateral damage, but its no excuse for bad marksmanship.

That being said, I was never in that sort of situation so I'm kinda playing armchair warrior here. I don't know how good my exercise of judgment would have been but I am pretty sure I'd make either more accurate shots, or more rounds fired on to the perpetrators and most likely both.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast