insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 9:59am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    He's a karateka from Bristol and was featured some years ago in "COMBAT" magazine here in the UK. He was part of the "Death Squad" - his term.
    I couldn't find any karate references, but I did gather from the video and online he's a Lau Ga fighter and instructor.

What I'm really interested in is some sort of fight videos...are there really NO competition videos of this guy? Seems so odd, considering he's supposed to have several world kickboxing titles...

There was an interview of MMA/kickboxer Alex Reid (who DOES have a lot of online comp video), who apparently Lewis has beaten at least once, and who claims Megatron Lewis is a KO artist:

GT: All the time you were competing in the martial arts as your career progressed. Tell us about your earlier competitions.

AR: Well when I first started training, looking at Kevin fight in events such as Clash of the Titans, I really thought competing was beyond me. Then four or so years later there I am, with you, and I faced against the guy you were worried about fighting, Nathan Lewis, the Megatron (World Champion Lau Gar squad). I remember thinking, f**k, oh well here we go. Yet I thought with total abandonment for my preservation. Back then I seemed to be wilder (probably the Para thing). Although I lost I was really happy with my performance. I took the fight to him, which I feel frustrated him; he knocked all his other opponents out. It was at this point I began to realise my potential, and really believe in my self. That was a funny night, after I had fought it was your turn - who could the Lau Gar squad bring out after Megatron? Well they found someone pretty scary, Faisal Mohamed (now doing well as a pro boxer). He must have been on gear, because he was massive. Wow that was a fight. On the way home we were both concussed to hell, talking gibberish in the back of the car. I think we both threw up at least a couple of times. Fond memories huh! It was also that night I was down to face Buster Reeves, from the Warriors. This was our first meeting, again not the usual way two now best mates would like to have met! I think I said a nervous hello after having sized him up. I’m glad we didn’t fight, and couldn’t now. Still we have plenty of wars in the gym (oh and by the way, thanks for that split lip a week before I was supposed to fight for the WAKO English Title! Cheers mate, don’t worry, you got yours coming!)
    There has to be some video out there of this guy fighting...
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/18/2012 10:08am at .

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 10:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is Alex Reid fighting Megatron Lewis in 1995.

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 11:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Here is Alex Reid fighting Megatron Lewis in 1995.

What?

Wasn't The Holy & Blessed Year (1993) supposed to end all this permanently?

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 12:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    What?

Wasn't The Holy & Blessed Year (1993) supposed to end all this permanently?
    Keep in mind in 1993, pictures on the internet was a new thing. Video was years away.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 12:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He means the first UFC, dude.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12