Style
    Aikido / Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone in Palestine, Tx area?

Hello,
    I am interested in mixing it up with anyone in the Palestine Texas area to help improve my game and get back into shape. I have studied Aikido and some Karate. I am currently taking Judo and interested in learning as much as I can and becoming as well rounded as I can. I also have a huge interest in stick fighting. Anyone in the area?

Style
    JKD, BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, welcome to Bullshido. I don't live in Texas so I can't be of any direct use to you, but I did try googling a couple of different search terms regarding the city. Unfortunately, nothing caught my eye when it comes to stick fighting. Do you have any experience in stick fighting? You could try look for Filipino martial arts (Kali, Eskrima, Arnis), or maybe Jogo de Pau or La Canne or something. It's worth noting that it's common all throughout the US for there to be small groups that gather in parks or at a garage and train, but do not advertise because they are not a school and have no fees associated with them. If you manage to catch wind of one, consider checking it out; just make sure that they spar in an alive manner.

You should also consider starting an account on FMA talk. Also, some of the more experienced Bullshido members train Filipino martial arts and can point you in the right direction.

Style
    Aikido / Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the welcome. Yeah Palestine is a small town, limited in what we have around here. The experience I have in stick fighting started with LARPing with Amtgard. I know it is not the same, just being honest how my interest started. We would do alot of sparring and would occasionally work with some guys who had done Arnis or Escrima.When I did ASK Karate, I attended a camp where a Arnis was one of the guest trainings. I have had no real formal training in it, but do have an interest in it and watch videos I can find on it. I am fully aware it doesn't replace real instruction but its all i have access to at the time, and one reason I am on the look out for anyone interested.