Thread: Hey all

Chongololo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hey all

Just saying hello!
    Here for some intelligent MA conversation and to learn and share info, experiences, meet up for sparring/ training, the same as most I would assume.
    Im pretty non aggressive for a fighter so there wont be any need to worry about me breaking the rules or looking for trouble!

Hope everyone is well

Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there.

What's KKJ?

Chongololo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kikai Kanousei Jutsu which means the art of opportunity and possibility. Its non competitive.
    Kind of vague but its got some interesting techniques. Other than that i started out on TKD (sigh) when i was 11, moved on to muay thai and bujinkan, outside of a dojo ive looked into allsorts of arts, im open minded and interested in more or less anything really, i dont like to limit myself. At the risk of being unpopular im quite interested in pressure points, but im not that guy who swears by them! Now im trying to concentrate more on grappling arts because my ground game could use some work.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

top knot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Chongololo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thankyou :D

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

I'm looking it up now, but I'd rather get it from your perspective: can you tell me more about KKJ? Purely grappling? Live, full resistance? Does it take advantage of small joint manipulation, or those pressure points you're interested in?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, to add, even google couldn't come up with something for Kikai Kanousei Jutsu. So now I'm really interested.

top knot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So am I - for satisfying curiosity's sake, anyway.

Chongololo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I'm currently living between two places so it can be a little hectic!
    I'd never heard of it either, and I'm imagining it's not well established since I've never been able to find anything about it on the Internet. I have some notes from lessons if anyone wants me to send them some scruffy notes, I don't have a scanner though so it'll either be a letter or I'll try and recreate something that makes sense over email.

KKJ doesn't have ground techniques anything like BJJ but that's why Im cross training! It incorporates effective use of pressure points, like where to hit, how to manipulate an opponent, submission locks (mainly standing) and using such locks to make your opponent lose balance, topple or take down your opponent, KO points, punch, kick, knee and elbow effectively and use your entire body to overcome an opponents strength. Theres a certain amount of gouging and neck attacks, and part of the progression is knowing attacks that will dishearten or take the fight out of your opponent, such as how to break bones using strikes (collar bones, facial bones, elbows)and kicks (knees, ankles, foot bones) and how to break bones from quick standing locks.
    The fighting techniques are nothing particularly unique, the thing that attracted me to it was how one of the biggest parts of it is learning how to see opportunities and take them, and how to adapt should your attempts fail.
    Also apparently there's a whole curriculum on fighting animals that they don't teach?! Not sure how true that last part is!

Hope that helped