Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 1:11pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Silly observation

I am a big fan of Anderson Silva. It is prime entertainment to watch him beat the other guy into a pulp. However I have noticed something.. and please bear with me it sounds stupid..

When Anderson fights he will usually just dance around and work the other guy mentally in different ways. Then suddenly in the second round his opponent will become .. not very good at fighting. almost like a child.

So what happened? Is he really that good? or did he in some way psyche out his opponent so that he can beat him like he was a child.. I think that he is doing something. I don't know much about techniques used to psyche out people but I know that they do exist and they work.. if you know what your doing.

Do anyone know anything about Nlp.. hypnosis or anything else that could be used like this?

I realize that this sounds mind blowing stupid. "Hurr durr Anderson Silva uses hypnosis to win in the ufc" but if you look at his fights you can see that something is going on. Maybe not hypnosis but something. I dunno..

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 3:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The truth is he studies under Dillman but since Dillman doesn't want his stuff to be used for sport they cover it up

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:29pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking hell......

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:41pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sure this has been seen here before but it absolutely has to be posted in this thread

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:48pm

Style: Aikido / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is using the secrets he has been learning from Steven Seagal, its all in that intense stare.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:52pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's feeling them out, watching their reactions to his movement and feints so he can find the gaps he needs to land his shots. What looks like people getting worse at fighting is just them making the same mistake a second time, when he's expecting it.

He's also trying to make them get impatient and strike first, because he doesn't like to lead or come forward much in case it gets him taken down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    I am a big fan of Anderson Silva. It is prime entertainment to watch him beat the other guy into a pulp. However I have noticed something.. and please bear with me it sounds stupid..

When Anderson fights he will usually just dance around and work the other guy mentally in different ways. Then suddenly in the second round his opponent will become .. not very good at fighting. almost like a child.

So what happened? Is he really that good? or did he in some way psyche out his opponent so that he can beat him like he was a child.. I think that he is doing something. I don't know much about techniques used to psyche out people but I know that they do exist and they work.. if you know what your doing.

Do anyone know anything about Nlp.. hypnosis or anything else that could be used like this?

I realize that this sounds mind blowing stupid. "Hurr durr Anderson Silva uses hypnosis to win in the ufc" but if you look at his fights you can see that something is going on. Maybe not hypnosis but something. I dunno..
    My ex-aikido sensei said that it comes from his ki, and his training with Stephen Seagull. Then again he also believes in Illuminati.

I think he feints a lot, and picks apart his opponents movements in the first in order to find the points that he can threaten to nullify their attacks. Then in the second he continues to use those feints until his opponent makes an inevitable mistake he capitalizes upon.

Also he dictates range. His opponents look like amateurs because he is that good at making you miss.

Just my guess though, who knows? Maybe it's chi blasts?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Y'all are so far off the motherfucking mark. Anderson' is thinking not about "I have to gauge this distance etc. So I will study him". He's thinking **** like "What will I have after I woop this guy's ass? I feel like a steak. With red wine. Yeah, I like that. I'll hit up the titty bar after words too. Oh, here comes a spinning back fist, let me beat this incessantly yammering ************ to a pulp so I can eat".
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Y'all are so far off the motherfucking mark. Anderson' is thinking not about "I have to gauge this distance etc. So I will study him". He's thinking **** like "What will I have after I woop this guy's ass? I feel like a steak. With red wine. Yeah, I like that. I'll hit up the titty bar after words too. Oh, here comes a spinning back fist, let me beat this incessantly yammering ************ to a pulp so I can eat".
    "And then invite that ************ to the bbq, because I'm sure he'll be hungry after getting his chest caved in and then being beaten like a redheaded step-child."

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 5:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing, and this is especially true of his latest fight, is that the slow motion of the knock-down or finish often misses the straight left he scrambled their brains with a few moments before.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast