Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Basically being in the water in the north Atlantic is a death sentence you only have but a few minutes in that water before hypothermia kills you.
    It's hard to imagine if you've never experienced it but REALLY cold water makes it difficult to breathe. I mean LABORIOUS to even get shallow sips of air while fighting the involuntary muscle spasms that are bending your body into a fetal possition to conserve heat.

Swimming is even more dificult as you hyperventilate these pathetic tiny breaths. Gas runs out completely in mere seconds leaving you no stregth to wade. Struggle and you just drown that much quicker.

I'm lucky in that I've only experienced this in relatively shallow water where I could relax and let the current cary me to a river bank. I didn't have to use my gas (but I almost made that mistake).

A person adrift in icy ocean with no point of reference wouldn't have a prayer.

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 7:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife bought this movie when it came out years ago in VHS. The part of the movie that made me cry was when she put in the second tape.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 7:09am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fudoshin_ryu View Post
    Personally if it were me I would have fought hella hard to make it on one of those rafts...I'd probably knock a few of the ladies out of the way myself...why? Well for one everyone for themselves and also...I hate getting wet...haha...which would add to another thought...I probably would never ever get on a boat that size in my entire life anyways...haha ><
    Which is why you are a piece of ****. Your mother should have swallowed you.

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 7:22am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In such an environment, this is probably not your friend either:

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 7:22am

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Basically being in the water in the north Atlantic is a death sentence you only have but a few minutes in that water before hypothermia kills you. Also the pitch black thing, also the distance to said iceberg plus the difficulties of getting onto an iceberg?
    At that particular point of the Atlantic, I'd be shocked if any wet people trying to get on the iceberg didn't immediately get fused to it.

Can you imagine the Carpathia showing up and trying to peel hundreds of stuck people off an iceberg at 3am in the North Atlantic??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 7:38am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    At that particular point of the Atlantic, I'd be shocked if any wet people trying to get on the iceberg didn't immediately get fused to it.

Can you imagine the Carpathia showing up and trying to peel hundreds of stuck people off an iceberg at 3am in the North Atlantic??
    now, why did they not end the film with that! that would have been worth watching!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:19am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    So, the ship is hit by an iceberg.
    Bullshit. The iceberg is the innocent victim here. The iceberg was minding his own goddamn business until that ship plowed into him. Now you want to twist it around and make it look like the iceberg's fault. Fucking white people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:22am

Style: Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Bullshit. The iceberg is the innocent victim here. The iceberg was minding his own goddamn business until that ship plowed into him. Now you want to twist it around and make it look like the iceberg's fault. Fucking white people.
    I guess the iceberg was in the wrong neighbourhood, i mean really what was it doing loitering there in the first place, very suspicious, the Titanic was right to plow into it if you ask me

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    I guess the iceberg was in the wrong neighbourhood, i mean really what was it doing loitering there in the first place, very suspicious, the Titanic was right to plow into it if you ask me
    Racist.

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 8:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    NO! That iceberg pulled out right in front of the Titanic. No signals, lights,horns or nothing.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast