Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:57pm

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This works for every type of striker. Leave your hands down and get hit. Do a slow(lazy) jab or cross and get hit. Always think speed and accurancy.To really make your jab effective is timing. You should catch your oppoment moving toward you and slide toward sending the jab. This one you have to develop in sparring. This is still a speed punch. If have any questions , I will try to answer about boxing. Joe
  2. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    This works for every type of striker. Leave your hands down and get hit. Do a slow(lazy) jab or cross and get hit. Always think speed and accurancy.To really make your jab effective is timing. You should catch your oppoment moving toward you and slide toward sending the jab. This one you have to develop in sparring. This is still a speed punch. If have any questions , I will try to answer about boxing. Joe
    Thanks Joe I really appreciate your input I will try the mirror bit, as we get whacked everytime we drop our hands too. Do you train for fun or are you also taking fights too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:45pm

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to admit I might a little too advanced in years to box (65 yrs young) . A Texas GG boxer. A little more in the Corps. All my little tricks I was traught keep coming back. Also in front of the mirror, keep your chin down. When you punch be sure to let your shoulder follow the arm and your is protected. Watch your reflection, looking at the solar plexis. You can see any arm or leg movement this way.Straight punches land faster than hooks. I am mentoring this thread if you have any questions or I was not clear enough with my suggestions. Joe

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 12:05am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eloneamigo View Post
    I was thinking similarly, especially for switch kicks, that being sneakier my be more advantageous than telegraphing that your back leg is more powerful. What camp are you training at currently? I am planning to head out your way in about a year, maybe sooner. I was thinking of checking out the new Banchamek gym in Surin Village. How long have you been doing MT? Do you fight in Thailand as well? Thanks for the input I do appreciate it.
    You know what they say, it's the one you don't see coming that hurts the most. That's the way I usually operate regarding my left leg, and it's worked out pretty well so far. If you can get the timing down and catch them coming in, you can reliably whack people in the liver, and that's always fun.

I'm sort of floating through a few camps right now, but odds are good that I'm going to be settling in Watcharachai Gym in Sutthisan for the remainder of my time here. I trained for two years before coming here, but I haven't fought yet because I haven't found a home camp yet.
  5. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 3:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    You know what they say, it's the one you don't see coming that hurts the most. That's the way I usually operate regarding my left leg, and it's worked out pretty well so far. If you can get the timing down and catch them coming in, you can reliably whack people in the liver, and that's always fun.

I'm sort of floating through a few camps right now, but odds are good that I'm going to be settling in Watcharachai Gym in Sutthisan for the remainder of my time here. I trained for two years before coming here, but I haven't fought yet because I haven't found a home camp yet.
    Very nice, I don't think I could handle being 5 minutes away from Bangkok though, I want to get as far away from the city as I can, I will visit maybe before and after, but I want to train out in the middle of nowhere if possible.

I trained western boxing for about 2 years, but over the last couple of months I have been transitioning into MT, seriously my favorite thing ever. I was planning on putting in a year of solid work before heading over so I don't waste anyones time. After my extremities start hardening up, I will start doing 2 a days since my coach teaches at the place I train, and also at his own personal school, or we also have George Bush (still cracks me up) training at night so I lucked out with a few solid options to prepare.

How much longer are you going to be out there, what weight class are you going to compete in when you get to that point? I am nowhere near as far along as you, but it's nice to hear from others pursuing a similar path. Either way thanks for the info bud I look forward to hearing more about your time abroad. Especially concerning customs and etiquette, I want to transition as well as possible, so any advice is welcomed. Thanks again man, and aloha!
  6. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 3:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    I have to admit I might a little too advanced in years to box (65 yrs young) . A Texas GG boxer. A little more in the Corps. All my little tricks I was traught keep coming back. Also in front of the mirror, keep your chin down. When you punch be sure to let your shoulder follow the arm and your is protected. Watch your reflection, looking at the solar plexis. You can see any arm or leg movement this way.Straight punches land faster than hooks. I am mentoring this thread if you have any questions or I was not clear enough with my suggestions. Joe
    When I was in the Navy I worked at the Navy Experimental Diving Unit and saw guys in their mid 40's that would run circles around us. They gave me a true motivation to pursue excellence, so I welcome your advice as you have a bit more experience than I do. What I practice on the heavy bag is picking a spot and go slow performing technique, like you said chin down and making sure every punch is tight and as my coach puts it, you keep your spear and shield always at the ready, you drop either your SOL! Anyway always a pleasure, thanks and aloha!

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 3:58am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a Southpaw, born a lefty at everything. If you do make the switch, be wary of knee-banging it'll happen way more often now.
  8. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 5:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    I'm a Southpaw, born a lefty at everything. If you do make the switch, be wary of knee-banging it'll happen way more often now.
    Oh you mean since your opponent's stance is mirrored knees have a better opening? Where do you train at? Thanks for input bud I do appreciate it!
    Last edited by eloneamigo; 7/14/2012 5:40am at .

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 9:06am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he meant when you are clinched up
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
  10. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I think he meant when you are clinched up
    thanks for the clarification bud I do appreciate it aloha!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast