Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/15/2012 6:48am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I don't rate Bisping as any kind of real threat to Silva. He's better than his haters make him out to be, but he just hasn't got anything Silva hasn't already seen and beaten, and he's not exceptional in any particular area. He doesn't have the power to KO Silva, doesn't have the wrestling to put him on his back and keep him there, and doesn't have the sub game to threaten him on the ground. I can't see it going particularly well for Bisping, especially if "I exist to make your life agony" Silva shows up.

I'm not really sure of Weidman's chances of getting the win, but he could probably at least make it interesting for a while. His standup obviously isn't on Silva's level, but his GnP has enough oomph in it to potentially put Silva in some trouble on the ground, if he can get him there. He's got as good a shot as anybody else at MW at the moment.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/15/2012 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the person who beats Silva is gonna be somebody like Weidman or Sonnen imo- a strong wrestler with a big gas tank and good striking defense.

or someone with even freakier standup, but i dont see that happening for a while.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 7:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I am observing about MMA in general, and about the fights with Silva is, nobody ever manages to outbalance him. That's not so much Silva's achievement, but his opponents' fault, and I won't even pretend I know why that is the case.

I think, and don't laugh, that the capoeira background might play a role; his opponents are always very tense, while he moves like a dancer.

Was that Silva being so good, or Griffin simply boxing like a beginner?

The same with Sonnen and the backfist.

I for my part think Silva's ripe for a defeat. IF the guy he fights comes in there to fight him, and not to pull off "the usual".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 8:57am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post

Was that Silva being so good, or Griffin simply boxing like a beginner?
    Just looking at this gif, I actually think it's both. After the first half-assed jab gets interrupted he resorts to shitty haymakers. Silva moves very good, though.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 10:00am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva looks like Roy Jones in that clip.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 12:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know it's easy to look like magic against a guy who Decides to Lose after 20 seconds.

Silva vs Okami 2, now that was an impressive display. More so, cause it was against Okami who fought with the Spirit of Budo.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Silva looks like Roy Jones in that clip.
    Funny you mention Roy, he was in attendance that night. Him and Silva were trying to set up a boxing match. Unfortunately, Dana sed no. Then Roy got KO'd a few times and it all faded away.

Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/16/2012 12:30pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12