Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 5:24pm

Style: Shotokahn-Ryu K

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

need to get rid of my beer gut

Never payed a whole lot of attention to my abs until I saw how much of a gut I had after seeing some recently taken pictures at a freinds party.

So what would be a good day by day routine for working on the abs?

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Run long distances. 3 miles a day 3 times a week.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 5:29pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, to get rid of a gut, you don't want to focus solely on the abs. Work on overall bodily strength, a healthy diet, and moderate/intense cardio sustained for a decent period of time.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 5:30pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feel free to PM me with some contact info, and if you like I can help you set up a decent workout routine.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Loving Father

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go ask 12-year-old TKD Black Belt Patrick McKay for an instructional video to help you become "belly proof."

"Many studies indicate bellying has reached serious proportions in America, with nearly one in six, or 3.2 million men becoming a victim each year, according to the National Beer Gut Prevention Council (NBGPC)."

"The idea to create "The Belly Factor" was born when Patrick came to his mother, Danielle, one evening asking why dads aren't doing anything to de-gut themselves. Danielle pointed out, "Just because you're thin and know what to do doesn't mean that dads do."

"The video, which includes interviews and informational quizzes, presents a number of typical scenarios in which a belly has let itself go, in it's physical appearance. There are no demonstrations of violent retraining, but rather simple maneuvers to wrest the abs free of the belly and offer a chance to lose the "beer gut" and draw the attention of a female adult."

"Danielle says they are working on a second video on how men can defend themselves from male pattern baldness." - NBGPC

`~\

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 10:14am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL @ MEEX

So.......to recap.

1. Diet. Eat less than you need for the day. www.fitday.com to track calories.
    2. Run. Good way to burn off calories.
    3. Work the muscles. Weighted crunches...and weights for the WHOLE body will help burn calories, and stimulate muscle hypertrophy.Additional muscle mass will required additional energy to maintain, furthering you towards your goals.

And cut the crap from your diet.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Run. Good way to burn off calories.
    Or a shitty way.

Remember where the body gets its blood sugar during stress.

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 11:24am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh.......what do you mean?
    possibly catabolization of the muscles?

you had better spell it out for me, i had 2 hours of sleep...
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 11:39am

Style: Beverly Hills Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See? This is what pisses me the **** off!

1) I'll wager that most of you never had to battle a gut, but are ALL experts on the subject
    The problem with that is, that ppl that ARE trying to do something about it can't figure out who knows something and can help and someone who THINKS they know something.

2) Even supposed "experts" negate all other "experts" and NOBODY can fucking tell someone what's needed to be done.

Don't eat fat, don't eat carbs, high protein, low protein, break what you eat into percentages of fat, carbs, protein, eat chocolate with every meal, eat 10 times a day in tiny amounts, eat then workout, don't eat then workout, don't eat after 5pm, etc.

Someone fucking agree already!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Piz,

Yes.

CORTISOL - A hormone which produced by the adrenal gland (cortex) to control blood sugar. The production of cortisol is triggered by the pituitary hormone ACTH. Cortisol is a glucocorticoid which stimulates an increase in blood glucose. Cortisol will also stimulate the release of amino acids from muscle tissue and fatty acids from adipose tissue. The amino acids are then converted in the liver to glucose (for use by the brain). The fatty acids can be used by skeletal muscles for energy (rather that glucose) thereby freeing up glucose for selective utilization by the brain. Cortisol levels are often measured to evaluate the function of the pituitary or adrenal glands. Some of the cortisol is metabolized by the liver to produce 17 hydroxycorticosteroids, which is then excreted in the urine.

http://www.medhelp.org/glossary2/new/gls_1415.htm

This is currently the story of my life. Lard asses come into the gym wanting to "lose weight". They ignore my advice and instead get turned on by the digital calorie counter on the treadmill. They lose a little weight, but not much, and not discriminantly from fat....they lost just as much muscle. So the process by which they actively burned off a few extra calories per day rendered their bodies less metabolically active while NOT exercising, thus resulting in a pretty quick plateau. What's more, to compromise yourself like that requires a relative assload of time doing something extremely unpleasant (specially for the joints). Instead of actively "burning off" calories on a treadmill, just don't eat those calories. You'll spare yourself in more ways than one.
    Last edited by Nid; 4/20/2004 12:06pm at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast