Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 10:44am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took all my students 8 years old and older to see the movie Bully. Then we had a group discussion on it. It's amazing how many kids feel like they're being bullied. In truth many are just sensitive and haven't come along in there development to know the difference. Unfortunately most adults who feel bullied are simply not self actualized. This can sometimes be projected upon a child. Of course that's a simple outlook on the situation. I'm dealing with my own form of bullying right now. As Jack Nicholson said in "Batman", "Wait until they get a load of me".

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 4:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So for clarity in this thread are we worried about the kids that are actually being really bullied or are we worried about the kid whose feelings have been hurt as well but not actually bullied?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 10:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    So for clarity in this thread are we worried about the kids that are actually being really bullied or are we worried about the kid whose feelings have been hurt as well but not actually bullied?
    That's the problem, because "bullying", especially as we use it, is an entirely subjective term.

I personally say, the latter, because, simply, if this was real "bullying", a martial arts course wouldn't help at all.

Like, where is the difference in this video between a "real" bullying situation, and one kid situationally "giving the other a hard time"?

- In the perception of the victim.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123