Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 9:50am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    The uniform fit is very important in judo, particularly the sleeves. In recent years IJF has introduced a special measuring device to make sure uniforms are within spec as so many people are looking for that little edge.
    Yeah I was looking at a chart for sleeve length the other day, I was just guessing if the pants were off the ground you were good.

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 10:23am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameshiwhaty? View Post
    Yeah I was looking at a chart for sleeve length the other day, I was just guessing if the pants were off the ground you were good.
    Pants are to be at the ankle bone, +- 5 cm.

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 3:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I switched to Krav, I began to train in street clothes. Since I walk around in jeans, that's what I train and spar in. When I have to wear a gi, I double fold the ankles and put a safety pin on the inside fold. Makes tripping impossible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 7:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie-Favor View Post
    When I switched to Krav, I began to train in street clothes. Since I walk around in jeans, that's what I train and spar in. When I have to wear a gi, I double fold the ankles and put a safety pin on the inside fold. Makes tripping impossible.
    training is jeans is probably the thing we should all do, I'd love to find a pair of those century action jeans lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 8:02pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    training is jeans is probably the thing we should all do, I'd love to find a pair of those century action jeans lol
    Wouldn't we all...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Wouldn't we all...

Love those things lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 11:44am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay just to start out this is more about personal dress choices in the striking arts, if this is in the wrong spot I'm sorry it is related to Karate though. Basically just wandering what you guys think, I have seen this video a couple times and have mo problem with his skill he's pretty good. I just wander when he is going to trip over his pants.
    I know from my own dogi pants I like them either at the top of the foot or a few 4 inches below the knee, but I have seen a few people wearing them in this style. To each their own but I just curious any of you guys "sport" this style and if so, have you ever fallen?
    I finally just broke down and had my pants and top altered at a tailor's. I highly recommend it, and recommend the degree to which I did it (for Kyokushin or any Karate...obviously wouldn't work for Judo). I'm on the left. In my opinion, the fellow on the right has too long of pant legs, and too short of sleeves.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    I finally just broke down and had my pants and top altered at a tailor's. I highly recommend it, and recommend the degree to which I did it (for Kyokushin or any Karate...obviously wouldn't work for Judo). I'm on the left. In my opinion, the fellow on the right has too long of pant legs, and too short of sleeves.
    Yeah I just took my new dogi top to get the sleeves altered to about the same spot, if you look at the Okinawan Karateka they all wear it that way, and ya know it keeps the gi out of the way .

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 1:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    If people aren't grabbing your clothes, as long as you can move freely what does it matter? Fashion statement?

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 4:16pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If we're on sleeve length now, I switched from Judo jacket to Iaido jacket for Aikido.

It makes me look more aikidoey... in a good way though.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast