Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Long Pants

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    163
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    The uniform fit is very important in judo, particularly the sleeves. In recent years IJF has introduced a special measuring device to make sure uniforms are within spec as so many people are looking for that little edge.
    Yeah I was looking at a chart for sleeve length the other day, I was just guessing if the pants were off the ground you were good.

  2. #22
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,503
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameshiwhaty? View Post
    Yeah I was looking at a chart for sleeve length the other day, I was just guessing if the pants were off the ground you were good.
    Pants are to be at the ankle bone, +- 5 cm.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I switched to Krav, I began to train in street clothes. Since I walk around in jeans, that's what I train and spar in. When I have to wear a gi, I double fold the ankles and put a safety pin on the inside fold. Makes tripping impossible.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    163
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie-Favor View Post
    When I switched to Krav, I began to train in street clothes. Since I walk around in jeans, that's what I train and spar in. When I have to wear a gi, I double fold the ankles and put a safety pin on the inside fold. Makes tripping impossible.
    training is jeans is probably the thing we should all do, I'd love to find a pair of those century action jeans lol

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonds, WA
    Posts
    257
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameshiwhaty? View Post
    training is jeans is probably the thing we should all do, I'd love to find a pair of those century action jeans lol
    Wouldn't we all...


  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    163
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Wouldn't we all...

    Love those things lol

  7. #27
    RWaggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kenmore, WA
    Posts
    1,014
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameshiwhaty? View Post
    Okay just to start out this is more about personal dress choices in the striking arts, if this is in the wrong spot I'm sorry it is related to Karate though. Basically just wandering what you guys think, I have seen this video a couple times and have mo problem with his skill he's pretty good. I just wander when he is going to trip over his pants.
    I know from my own dogi pants I like them either at the top of the foot or a few 4 inches below the knee, but I have seen a few people wearing them in this style. To each their own but I just curious any of you guys "sport" this style and if so, have you ever fallen?
    I finally just broke down and had my pants and top altered at a tailor's. I highly recommend it, and recommend the degree to which I did it (for Kyokushin or any Karate...obviously wouldn't work for Judo). I'm on the left. In my opinion, the fellow on the right has too long of pant legs, and too short of sleeves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a ************...

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    163
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    I finally just broke down and had my pants and top altered at a tailor's. I highly recommend it, and recommend the degree to which I did it (for Kyokushin or any Karate...obviously wouldn't work for Judo). I'm on the left. In my opinion, the fellow on the right has too long of pant legs, and too short of sleeves.
    Yeah I just took my new dogi top to get the sleeves altered to about the same spot, if you look at the Okinawan Karateka they all wear it that way, and ya know it keeps the gi out of the way .

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,033
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    I finally just broke down and had my pants and top altered at a tailor's. I highly recommend it, and recommend the degree to which I did it (for Kyokushin or any Karate...obviously wouldn't work for Judo). I'm on the left. In my opinion, the fellow on the right has too long of pant legs, and too short of sleeves.
    If people aren't grabbing your clothes, as long as you can move freely what does it matter? Fashion statement?

  10. #30
    Ignorami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If we're on sleeve length now, I switched from Judo jacket to Iaido jacket for Aikido.

    It makes me look more aikidoey... in a good way though.


    When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

    "what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO