Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 11:21pm

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    I haven't seen any drawbacks to size yet. But then again I don't get to walk around at half my size to make an actual judgement. The only people that get to do that are ones that were obese and lost the weight. These people aren't good refference points because thier bodies were never designed to be that larger size to begin with. So yes, they are faster and more agile now because they lost the weight and are back to a size thier bodies weren't meant to operat at. True it takes more energy for bigger people to move around. But we also have the frame and muscle to do so. Saying there is a set height/weight at wich one becomes slow is just plain stupid.
    You must not understand how basic physics works then. The difference isn't that huge so it's easy to miss, training can more than make up for it, but beyond the butterfly/jumbo jet, just look at larger animals in general and how agile they are.

Smaller people are more naturally maneuverable. They have a distinct advantage in size:weight ratio. This is why grasshoppers jump huge, and elephants can't jump.

Training and skill can bridge gaps, but given equal amounts of training and skill, the small guys will be more agile and while not faster in a linear sense of the world, be faster relative to their own body lengths and with rotational forces.

Chemist

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Radford Davis is his actual name.
    he goes by "Bill"....

yes, I still persist, and the ninjas still haven't gotten me yet!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

:)

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    You must not understand how basic physics works then. The difference isn't that huge so it's easy to miss, training can more than make up for it, but beyond the butterfly/jumbo jet, just look at larger animals in general and how agile they are.
    Smaller people are more naturally maneuverable. They have a distinct advantage in size:weight ratio. This is why grasshoppers jump huge, and elephants can't jump.Training and skill can bridge gaps, but given equal amounts of training and skill, the small guys will be more agile and while not faster in a linear sense of the world, be faster relative to their own body lengths and with rotational forces.
    You'd rather be the grasshopper than the elephant?? did you call a jumbojet an animal??
    what kind of weed are you smoking?? can I share?:thebirdma

Weight classes don't exist to keep the big guys safe. You appear to have a rectal/cranial inversion going on here:badgrin:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 1:46pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 1:59pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak
    You're a bit late

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 5:08pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    You must not understand how basic physics works then.
    Being that I am an engineer by trade and education. I am pretty sure I have a firm handle on the concept of physics there professor. I, for one, know plenty of clumsy ass slow "smaller" people.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Being that I am an engineer by trade and education. I am pretty sure I have a firm handle on the concept of physics there professor. I, for one, know plenty of clumsy ass slow "smaller" people.
    Hi, that'd be me.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

:)

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm clumsy, hence the nickname...but fast too...tyciol...your posts have a suck about them that has me brain numb. Like brain freeze from ice cream, exept with Fyz7cs LeZzon8 BULSzits.
    Do you train directly under Ashida Kim, or just suck on his teet at the end of a long day, roaming the str33tz starting fights with obese old people to prove your point? Ha granny, that'll teach you to doubt my speed. Cracked your tibia for you biatch....little people rule! now where's my sweet Bradford nipple?

Harz Harz, IyVe A Viktoriuz IntarNetz

may I add.....STFU plz Napolionic Driveltroll

:confused5
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687