Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485 8687 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 6:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why yes, I do have sex with other men. I'm not sure how it relates, but thank you for noticing.

No, I don't get on fights on obstacle courses. I'm just not so hopped up on steroids and thinking with my penis that I can't remember back to the 9th fucking grade.

Here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertia

If you want a basic demonstration: Jumbo jets can go much, much faster than butterflies. Yet, it takes a butterfly far less time and energy to fly in a circle than it does a jumbo jet. That is because the enormous amount of inertia, or energy, that the jumbo jet has requires, in turn, an enormous amount of energy to redirect or halt. In other words, you know why you don't try to stop metro trains by headbutting them? The same principle at work there is why larger objects going at the same speed require more energy and time to make a turn than smaller objects.

The differences between a 230 pound guy and a 160 pound guy are like that only not super-enlarged to ease your understanding. The same thing that makes the bigger guy faster in a straight race makes him slower at turning.

And again, I'm not a physics guru. I just happen to be able to remember back to grade school.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 5:23pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your acting like this size just appears out of no where. Larger people are designed to carry that weight and size. Look at pro b-ballers. Many of those guys are, by your standards, large. And these guys move and turn on a dime. It boils down to training. What your saying basically states that you could take a 6 foot plus guy in top shape and pit him against a smaller guy without any conditioning nor training and the smaller guy would win every time due to his smaller size alone.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 6:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the opposite of what I am saying. I specifically said that the big guy was still overwhelmingly favored every time, all other things being equal. However, if you do want to beat someone bigger than you, it helps to know in what ways the laws of physics punish bigger size over smaller, and there's a few ways in which they do. I'd rather have speed, reach, and power every time, but you have to take what you can get.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 6:47am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen any drawbacks to size yet. But then again I don't get to walk around at half my size to make an actual judgement. The only people that get to do that are ones that were obese and lost the weight. These people aren't good refference points because thier bodies were never designed to be that larger size to begin with. So yes, they are faster and more agile now because they lost the weight and are back to a size thier bodies weren't meant to operat at. True it takes more energy for bigger people to move around. But we also have the frame and muscle to do so. Saying there is a set height/weight at wich one becomes slow is just plain stupid.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 12:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, it surely would be, if I had said it. I already said that bigger people are, all other things being equal, faster for the period of time at which they are running at top speed. More muscle, longer legs. But it's also because of their greater energy that it's harder for them to pivot/turn/stop. You're not going to notice it if you're moving slowly, but if you're going at any kind of speed it becomes increasingly more obvious. This, and the exponential increase in energy expended (which wears out stamina faster), are why olympics athletes are built the way they are- Most Marathon winners, for instance, have been below average height- one recent champion was 5'2". Hurdle runners are usually over 6' so they have the leg reach to actually jump the hurdles, but they're very economic on actual size and muscle because too much inertia would make it difficult to break stride in order to jump. Of course, most UFC fighters have a completely different build, because the advantages of a slimmer or smaller frame on track and field usually aren't that relevant. In other words, while they are there, the drawbacks in size are overshadowed by the advantages in most fights. If you absolutely have to fight someone bigger than you, however, it doesn't hurt to know that they're there. Circling's probably your best bet for those reasons.

If you really want a good demonstration of why, in some things, a big, muscular build isn't the best, try running a marathon or entering a track and field competition or swimming.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 7:47pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted over there. Let's see if they answer.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I wonder if they're not really watching that message board anymore. I mean, back in the day, you'd have been deleted and banned within the day.

EDIT: This made my day.

Well, I am not sure of the terminology, but here is a very very, very bad thing to do.

A first hit to the heart, then three seconds and the second hit.

A first hit swells, a blood rushing reaction, to the heart. The second hit stops the heart almost always after the three second swelling time.

That is what people say. So wait three seconds.
    http://p206.ezboard.com/Kunoichi/fas...icID=864.topic
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    5/28/2007 11:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologize in advance if this is unwarranted thread necro but Kimi has a new message board now...

http://ashidakim.proboards77.com/

Also here is an amusing interview:

http://www.believermag.com/issues/20...=interview_kim

:)

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phenomenon
    I apologize in advance if this is unwarranted thread necro but Kimi has a new message board now...

http://ashidakim.proboards77.com/

Also here is an amusing interview:

http://www.believermag.com/issues/20...=interview_kim
    Oh my dear lord!, I had to stop reading the interview, my eyes burned and I could feel my brain trying to escape through my ear canal.
    What was with the whorehouse bit? and he went to work in South Africa? in a whorehouse? for who, the CIA? who was the "they" that sent him? the karate school? the whores? was that just a school that talked **** about him on his boards, and so he dropped the sideways smear in? but what's with him saying whorehouses create jobs? who is he Mitt Romney? I'll read the rest when my temperature goes back down.

:)

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahahahahahahaha it gets worse.....he's trying to be the ninja pimp. He sounds like he ran the thing..... Compassionate pimpotism......is that interview for real? say it aint so!