• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Chris Conolley

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 7:30am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am Chris Conolley. That is my site and there are several others but those aren't finished and I have no idea why people can see them. My web guy made me some websites and yes probably cut and paste some crap up there from other bjj sites and filled in some of the content with some stuff in an attempt at humor (if you read it it's pretty obviously tongue in cheek) as an outline showing me what it would look like. But those sites aren't finished they are still under construction and waiting for me to fill in the content.
    I have no idea why people can see them, my web guy has since fallen off the grid and kind of shelved the project until we have time to go back and finish. I will absolutely do everything I can to remedy the situation a.s.a.p. , again no idea how or why anyone can see the sample sites but in no way am I going around claiming to have done any of this crap trying to make a buck. I greatly appreciate the work you guys do exposing frauds but this is not the case in my situation. I think if you ask around you will find our reputation at Spartan Fitness is solid. I regret that this happened and will resolve the issue but I assure you I would never make such claims or attempt to disrespect the martial arts that are my way of life and my livelihood. I greatly value the reputation our gym has earned so any help in resolving this from anyone who knows about such things would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies again but if you guys didn't throw this up I never would have known about it so I guess thanks. I appreciate that no one jumped to conclusions and ran with it seems like everyone was expecting for there to be a reasonable explanation and there it is.
    I am many things but I try not to be a liar a cheat or a fake I despise those that would make a buck off of false credentials like that and I do not want to be placed in that group.

our new main site is spartanfitnessmma.com the other sites would eventually link to that one but they will not have the sample content but the real content I would never have approved them as they are now.

Respectfully,

Chris Conolley
    Spartan Fitness
    205-824-8361
    Last edited by Chris Conolley; 7/13/2012 7:45am at .

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 8:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's that then. And we have Connelly on board, win!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:01pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Conolley View Post
    I am Chris Conolley. That is my site and there are several others but those aren't finished and I have no idea why people can see them. My web guy made me some websites and yes probably cut and paste some crap up there from other bjj sites and filled in some of the content with some stuff in an attempt at humor (if you read it it's pretty obviously tongue in cheek) as an outline showing me what it would look like. But those sites aren't finished they are still under construction and waiting for me to fill in the content.
    I have no idea why people can see them, my web guy has since fallen off the grid and kind of shelved the project until we have time to go back and finish. I will absolutely do everything I can to remedy the situation a.s.a.p. , again no idea how or why anyone can see the sample sites but in no way am I going around claiming to have done any of this crap trying to make a buck. I greatly appreciate the work you guys do exposing frauds but this is not the case in my situation. I think if you ask around you will find our reputation at Spartan Fitness is solid. I regret that this happened and will resolve the issue but I assure you I would never make such claims or attempt to disrespect the martial arts that are my way of life and my livelihood. I greatly value the reputation our gym has earned so any help in resolving this from anyone who knows about such things would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies again but if you guys didn't throw this up I never would have known about it so I guess thanks. I appreciate that no one jumped to conclusions and ran with it seems like everyone was expecting for there to be a reasonable explanation and there it is.
    I am many things but I try not to be a liar a cheat or a fake I despise those that would make a buck off of false credentials like that and I do not want to be placed in that group.

our new main site is spartanfitnessmma.com the other sites would eventually link to that one but they will not have the sample content but the real content I would never have approved them as they are now.

Respectfully,

Chris Conolley
    Spartan Fitness
    205-824-8361
    Awesome! I KNEW there was a logical explanation for that! LOL about the tongue in cheek stuff, especially the "you will know what to do to get blue belt because everything you need to know is posted on the wall." Now THAT is tongue in cheek.

Yeah my time at SF was pretty good training. The fighters there are solid.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Chris for coming on here and clearing that up! I competed against some of your guys at a tournament a few years ago. You have some really good guys there!

Feel free to come back and have someone do a full review of your school in the review area. It gets a lot of internet traffic.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  5. Chris Conolley

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome guys thanks a lot!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 2:27pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, welcome to the club.
  7. Clegane

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 6:32pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Conolley is a fraud

He actually has claimed to be all those things listed on the website on several occasions.He also claimed to be Forrest Griffins first coach...while attending a seminar two local fighters asked Forrest about Chris and Forrest said he never heard of him.Lately hes been telling anyone who would listen that he put John Salter and Marcus Brimage in the UFC,thats also not true.Only after they left Spartan Fitness did they make it to UFC.John Salter training at Headhunters Combatives in Tuscaloosa and Marcus Brimage at American Top Team...even when they did fight for Spartan they spent most of their time training at different gyms until they decided to just leave Spartan altogether.
  8. barth vader

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 2:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clegane View Post
    He actually has claimed to be all those things listed on the website on several occasions.He also claimed to be Forrest Griffins first coach...while attending a seminar two local fighters asked Forrest about Chris and Forrest said he never heard of him.Lately hes been telling anyone who would listen that he put John Salter and Marcus Brimage in the UFC,thats also not true.Only after they left Spartan Fitness did they make it to UFC.John Salter training at Headhunters Combatives in Tuscaloosa and Marcus Brimage at American Top Team...even when they did fight for Spartan they spent most of their time training at different gyms until they decided to just leave Spartan altogether.
    Wow. I just so happen to have had the opportunity to spend about 4 hours at Spartan Fitness on the 17th. You will never guess who I ran into on my way to the mat, a young man named Marcus brimage I think it was. It seems that he is still very close with Chris and they do still work together, even though Chris sent marcus off to an area that would be better for his career. Ya know, maybe it is just a bit of Stockholm syndrome, but calling the guy a fraud seems more telling about you than him.
    Am I out of line here?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 11:53am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any proof or are you just here to throw down some hearsay and bullshit?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 2:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The website explanation? No comment.

He actually has claimed to be all those things listed on the website on several occasions.He also claimed to be Forrest Griffins first coach...while attending a seminar two local fighters asked Forrest about Chris and Forrest said he never heard of him.
    Welcome to bullshido where, in this particular section, we will do research. We also expect posters, no matter their "seniority," to back up their words. Please provide proof, not second hand information, thank you.

Lately hes been telling anyone who would listen that he put John Salter and Marcus Brimage in the UFC,thats also not true.Only after they left Spartan Fitness did they make it to UFC.John Salter training at Headhunters Combatives in Tuscaloosa and Marcus Brimage at American Top Team...even when they did fight for Spartan they spent most of their time training at different gyms until they decided to just leave Spartan altogether.
    http://www.fighters.com/09/23/marcus...-fighter-house

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Brimage TUF 14 Blog
    I’m originally from Birmingham, Alabama. I used to train at Spartan Fitness back home but am now part of American Top Team. I was in the military for eight years as a Staff Sergeant.
    Oh boy, more interviews:
    http://se.ufc.com/news/Brimage-Bring...nta-Next-Month
    Some credit should go to UFC light heavyweight Quinton “Rampage” Jackson for also inspiring him to start fighting and his first MMA coach, Chris Connelly, for teaching him how to fight.

'Oh, it's going to be one of those fights.' I had my old coach Chris Connelly from Alabama in my corner as well as my brother and my strength and conditioning coach Tommy Elliot. It felt like home because I had them all behind me. Having them and their positivity around me helped my nerves before that fight.”
    http://prommanow.com/2010/05/08/ufc-...ive-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by John Salter in an interview
    JB: Are you still training with Spartan Fitness in Birmingham, Alabama? Who are your coaches and training partners you work with down there?

JS: I am actually no longer with Spartan. I have been with Headhunter Combatives for a little over a year now. I train with some great guys down there. On of my main training partners is a pro at 205, Chris Davis.
    Before, you back yourself into a corner. The above interview mentions a "little over a year." It was dated 5/2010. So, he was only there A YEAR when he debuted in the UFC. Then he fought a few months later in UFC 113.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Salter
    On January 11, 2010, Salter made his UFC debut, stepping in as a last-minute replacement for Mike Massenzio against Gerald Harris at UFC Fight Night 20. Salter lost the fight due to TKO (strikes) in the 3rd round.
    So, yes, he can claim that he put them in the UFC IMO. One moved, the other was only a year removed from training at the gym. YOU are the one being disingenuous.

So, which of the other schools do you train or teach at?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/19/2012 2:32pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast