Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last

Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The people in this thread might be able to help as well.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99446

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be honest, all of the students/desciples/black belts are being little bitches. The reason he is allowed to do all of those things, is because you let him. He can beat you because you let him. He can "make" you mow his lawn and watch his kids, because you do it.

He has seperated you from the outside activities so that he can create this little environment that he controls. As long as you are psychologically in that environment, you allow yourself to get caught up in it. Get out of the environment, get some better training, then feel free to go back and whip old boys ass.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would straight up have knocked that ************ out.

I support going to the cops. Get that ************ arrested and off the scene before he ruins somebody else's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Style
    Northern Praying Mantis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everyone,

I am happy to see the responses in support of my view of the unacceptable behavior that goes on at my old school. I had been worried I would get responses like "The sifu's doing that to toughen his students up, you have to taste bitter before you taste sweet, if you quit now you're setting yourself up to be weak and quit everything in your life, etc.", like the lines the inner circle drones at that school spout out. I am also happy at the responses that being a disciple is not equivalent to being a slave (not that I was a disciple..but I was supposed to become one later this year).

I recently joined at new Kung fu school in Boston, they're dismayed at my lack of fighting ability. Even their newbies could kick my ass. So far, so good.
    My old school is in the Worcester suburban area. I have thought of going to the police, I even contacted my friend's mother and she wanted to go to the police too. The problem is, how would I prove anything? I have witnesses, past students and employees of the school...but how would the police know we are not merely unhappy ex-employees looking to start a smear campaign? Plus my friend is 30 years old, and I think adults can only press charges for themselves.

Similarly, I would be more than happy to post something in the investigations board along with the school name and owner, but I currently do not have any documentation to support my claims.

Also, I will admit I am hesitant to reveal the name of the school for fear for myself and those close to me.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to harness that fear and tell it there is more at stake than you and those close to you. This is an issue of abuse and needs to be addressed ASAP. Cowering in fear of the possibility of retribution is cowardly, grow some balls and make sure this dude doesn't inflict any more damage, to you, your friends and to those you don't know.

Also, be careful with your new Kung Fu school, it appears you are easily manipulated and they could be preying on you by saying you have no skill. It's called negging in certain circles and psychologically it makes you want to prove yourself to them by kowtowing to them. I'm not saying it's the case, but I'd suggest reading a shitload on this site, it'd be good research for you. If you want to stay with Kung Fu then you'll be equipped to find a good school, or at least make sure the new one is decent.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Style
    Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kynw261 View Post
    I recently joined at new Kung fu school in Boston
    Glad you got out of that mess and haven't lost your taste for training. If you're in the Boston area and like Kung Fu, I believe thats the area where Dale Dugas, one of our CMA members here trains/teaches. I've never met him in person, but he's been very helpful through correspondence for my own training. Check him out!

Style
    Taijiquan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have thought of going to the police, I even contacted my friend's mother and she wanted to go to the police too. The problem is, how would I prove anything? I have witnesses, past students and employees of the school...but how would the police know we are not merely unhappy ex-employees looking to start a smear campaign?
    They'll investigate and determine that for themselves. Get as many witnesses etc as you can together and call the cops.

Also, I will admit I am hesitant to reveal the name of the school for fear for myself and those close to me.
    Well, it's not like even their black belts can fight, right?

Style
    Northern Praying Mantis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the heads up battlefields, although the staff at my new school didn't say I have no skill...it was just painfully obvious as that was one of the few times I have ever been asked to put on gloves and told to practice striking/blocking. They were dismayed over the fact I had been given a black belt with such an obvious lack of ability/training, no one literally kicked my ass, it was just obvious even their beginner students knew more than me. And it's not like I even have any basic street fighting ability...I'm a 5' female who generally doesn't pick fights. :)

And while there are more and more McDojo-like blackbelts being produced at that school, the actual owner does have mean western boxing ability (among other things) and has a few hand-picked students with street fighting abilities that have been used to send out and beat up inner circle members who have left and talked about what they went through.

But everyone's right, I should do what I can to prevent any other unsuspecting person from getting caught up in all of this.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And while there are more and more McDojo-like blackbelts being produced at that school, the actual owner does have mean western boxing ability (among other things) and has a few hand-picked students with street fighting abilities that have been used to send out and beat up inner circle members who have left and talked about what they went through.
    What you are describing is HIGHLY illegal and could get every one of the perps involved actual, hard core, "**** me in the ass" jail time.

This isn't the island of Formosa in the 19th century. This is a modern, civilised country with laws and actual, "martial wardens" (see POLICE) who will bring pain upon those who think they can operate one step above a protection / extortion racket.

Not to mention they sound like a bunch of pussies. Bullies taken out of their element or challenged by genuinely scary fighters fall apart pretty fast. Where are you located? If you don't feel confident challenging them others might. I would.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    What you are describing is HIGHLY illegal and could get every one of the perps involved actual, hard core, "**** me in the ass" jail time.
    Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last