Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last

Style
    Hongchuanchentaijichuan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love San da!! Just not real enough, it always hits the ground and nobody is going to break it up and get you back on your feet good training though. You wont see him listed he is no longer an instructor. ^i^

Style
    Hongchuanchentaijichuan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope just checked my facts this Shi Gaolin can be reached at http://www.shaolin-overseas.org
    If anyone is interested. ^i^

Style
    Kickboxing (student)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ^i^gcolbry View Post
    I love San da!! Just not real enough, it always hits the ground and nobody is going to break it up and get you back on your feet good training though. ^i^
    What are you talking about? Resets? It's kickboxing with throws, essentially. Are you saying the training is more conditioning, rather than sparring/competing?

At the 1999 Kuo Shu Internationals, an international tournament in Baltimore, MD, his students received the 'Team Trophy' award for winning the most gold medals during that year's competition.
    Was this for forms?
    Self Defense

San Da Kickboxing is a martial art which was originally developed by the Chinese military based upon the intense study and practices of modern combat fighting techniques. It combines kickboxing, which include punches and kicks with grappling and even elbow and knee strikes.
    Our students get in shape, learn self-defense, and manage stress in a fun atmosphere that is right for people of all ages and goals. Our San Da Kickboxing is a no nonsense practical system with easy to learn and easy to recall techniques that empower you with the skills of self-defense.
    Learning to defend yourself allows you to live in a safe positive world, to walk in peace and enjoy life.
    Do any students compete in San Shou/San Da? Is this cardio kickboxing, or a fight team. I'm just curious. Are students told this is military San Da?

Style
    Hongchuanchentaijichuan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the first three years there was no ranking. Then I moved to San Francisco for two years so more like seven really. Nine years time not training. Want to be as accurate as possible. ^i^

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should try harder to *answer the questions* without going off on tangental topics that no one asked about.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    JSW
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, ^i^gcolbry is using a typical cult tactic to deflect criticism. Instead of responding to accusations, he's saying, "Come see for yourself how wonderful we are!"

Although most outsiders see right through it, cult members often deliver this message with utmost sincerity. They know the good side of their group, the sense of bonding and purpose, and they are eager to share it. They also know the justifications for the abusive behavior, such as "to make us stronger," and they figure that people who experience the cult firsthand will understand these justifications as they do.

Because cults are good at giving people emotional highs, this tactic sometimes works. I've seen skeptical people get sucked in because of some emotional vulnerability that the cult is able to find and exploit.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bobby stop feeding his deflection, no one gives a crap about Sanda.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope just checked my facts this Shi Gaolin can be reached at http://www.shaolin-overseas.org
    If anyone is interested. ^i^
    I got my names wrong. Shi Goulin is the Shaolin monk who was associated with Shi Hengshan's Flushing NY suicide in 2006.

Oopsy.

Quite controversial. Hahaha and disowned by the actual Shaolin Temple I think..."Dark Shaolin".

oh bother...will investigate.

"Shi Guolin" Pushed the Suicide!!!!
    uh oh.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=48482&page=1

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=44061

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...page=4&t=44061
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 9/23/2012 4:00pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Money.

This is the same Shi Goulin/http://www.shaolin-overseas.org of which you speak.

Cultish?

Friday, August 07, 2009Last Update: 6:08 AM PT
    Temple Allegedly Drove Man to Suicide
    By ADAM KLASFELD

QUEENS, N.Y. (CN) - A Shaolin Temple in Flushing imprisoned, beat and starved a martial arts instructor from China and refused to pay him for nearly 5 years - until he killed himself - his survivor says.

The Temple arranged for Ji Mei Wang to emigrate to from China in 2001-02, according to the complaint in Queens Supreme Court. The Department of Labor was told that Wang would teach children to "learn discipline, develop coordination and enhance their flexibility and strength."

The visa application claimed that Ji would be paid $25,000 a year, says his survivor Yan Zhang Shi. Yan says the temple paid Ji nothing for the 4 years and 30 weeks he worked for it, and was imprisoned by it. Yan says it owes Ji's estate $114,000.
    Yan says the Shaolin Temple "secreted" his passport, leaving him "imprisoned in the Temple" and "under their control." And Yan says the abuse he suffered included beating and starvation, which drove him "to the point where (he) believed he had no effective escape from his abuser except through suicide."

He was found dead on Nov. 24, 2006. He died intestate.

Yan seeks his Ji's wages and $2 million in punitive damages for breach of contract, conversion and unjust enrichment. Yan is represented by George Clarke with Dai & Associates.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 9/23/2012 3:51pm at .

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love San da!! Just not real enough, it always hits the ground and nobody is going to break it up and get you back on your feet good training though. You wont see him listed he is no longer an instructor. ^i^
    In what real world fight is someone going to break up a fight just because it hits the ground?

Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last