Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 10:49pm

Style: koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I observed the local Systema-"Russian Martial Art" school several months back. My aikido dojo had recently self-destructed and I was looking for a new "home." Yes, there were other aikido dojo in town, but they were too soft for my taste (keep in mind this was before I "discovered" Judo).

Even my Aikidoka-ized ass was not impressed by what I saw. Upon my visit, I was presented with a carefully-worded visitor's packet along with a slick promotional DVD selling the Vladimir Vasiliev lineage of Systema.

Yeah.

Joined the local Judo club instead.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Systema master got stabbed to death.
    Apparently his **** don't work against a knife either. Guess that's the end of that.
    Citation needed. Honestly curious, when did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Joined the local Judo club instead.
    Good move. That and every other move you're going to be learning now.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:48am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Citation needed. Honestly curious, when did this happen?

Best I can give you is to google Arkadiy Stepankovskiy, there WERE articles on yahoo news and in the chicago tribune at the time, but I can't find them in the damn archives now. It happened in late february or early march of 2005.

Initial reports were gunshots, coroners report indicated that the victims involved were stabbed, not shot.

Hah! Found one: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...dical-examiner

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 3:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Thanks.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:45pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I have almost 30 years of military and civilian LE experience. I see the boxers, wrestlers and other sport players come out on top repeatedly. I'd expect a rugby player to walk through the average aikido, systema, chun or whatever. People keep looking for short cuts to badassery. they don't exist. Get on the mats, in the ring and stop with the magical thinking.
    This.

After a decade of bouncing, the guys I hate/fear the most are drunk ruggers. I have never had a problem manhandling drunk "martial artists".

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 11:03pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    This.

After a decade of bouncing, the guys I hate/fear the most are drunk ruggers. I have never had a problem manhandling drunk "martial artists".
    Too right. As a prop I pretty much was required to do more running, harder hitting and stronger pushing than a majority on the team. I was the first to engage in the scrum, the pressure of sixteen people surrounding and crushing placed literally on my shoulders and back. In the scrum I would be most likely to cop a punch in the face and when that happened, I would be the first to engage in a brawl. I was most likely to get trampled in a ruck, by my own team and the opposing. I have had metal studs scrape down every surface of my skin, had dudes use my head as a soccer ball when the ref wasn't looking, had my hand stomped on to the point I needed surgical attention to my finger where the metal stud caused the most damage. I have nearly passed out while being held up in the middle of a maul because of an opponents arm around my neck, the only thing I could do was gnaw at it, which had the guy focus all his aggression on the back of my head, resulting in a brawl (not really proud of that, I bit a guy because I was being choked and my arms were held by my side in the ruck, but still, not cool). I have watched as a team mate got his head stomped and got sent off for tackling the person "off the ball". I have had an opposing player fall out the back of a ruck, look up at me in the eyes, reach out and grab my testicles, twisting them until the head stomping knocked him unconscious. I've been in all in brawls where those off field came in for a bit of biff, to the point where both schools were almost ejected from the competition. And this was all in my teens, 15, 16, 17, 18. I was around 110kg and solid, strong. I am only now reaching that level of strength and fitness, over ten years later.

I understand that some of the words in that paragraph would appear to be invented off the top of my head, but they're legit.

But yeah, I would have been an absolute animal to control when I was drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789