225012 Bullies, 3624 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 86
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. dflanmod is offline
    dflanmod's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    858

    Posted On:
    7/11/2012 11:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sambo and mma plus systema?????

    Why?????

    That's kinda like saying "I eat a balanced diet that I really enjoy. I eat steak and eggs for breakfast and for dinner I eat cat **** boiled up into a nice lumpy poridge."

    How do the two ever reconcile? I sure do love my steak and cat ****. The **** takes some getting used to but boy is it delicious once you get past the foul taste, smell, consistency and general repulsive nature. Yum yum

    I'm lost and confused now. Where do you hide your toothbrush?
  2. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,555

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 1:18am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done a bit of systema, I liked some of the outside the box thinking and exercises, and some of it felt like adult recess (10 person army crawl dogpile contest? Heck yeah!). It's concept-based, so they always start with something very simple, then go from there, and you could devise new drills and exercises.

    Here's my problem though: if systema concepts can be applied in all environments, it should be able to be applied in the cage. If you have to rely on illegal techniques, then clearly you can't apply and adapt your own concepts against a real hostile opponent.

    The class I tried had a really weird crowd compared to the other arts I've studied. In terms of fitness, they seemed to be at one extreme or the other. There were some corpulent folks, and some in very good shape. The training was pretty physically intense- lots of push-up type stuff, crawling around without your hands, wrestling, and 2 person resistance drills. Also, some Russian massage, which felt unpleasant but really made you feel good afterwards.
  3. cualltaigh is offline
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,358

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 1:19am


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** in a can:


    **** in a can, from a different point of view:
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
  4. Necroyunus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    908

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 2:06am


     Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by agge1995
    ****, ****, bullshit, bullshit, poo, poo, bulll, shiiieeet
    he doesn't "do" judo, sambo or mma...

    he tried these a couple times, and sparred with a couple of people.
    Not really sparring either...you know how your crazy friend comes in, tries to prove something, and you know what kind of a weirdo he is and you just let him and all...something like this.

    And he knows this judo gym for like 8 years, he has "friends" (who think he is a weirdo) here and there, he drops in sometimes, mostly "after" the class, talking with the instructors, doing some stuff over there corner himself and he considers himself "training" with them.
  5. agge195

    Guest

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 7:05am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    he doesn't "do" judo, sambo or mma...

    he tried these a couple times, and sparred with a couple of people.
    Not really sparring either...you know how your crazy friend comes in, tries to prove something, and you know what kind of a weirdo he is and you just let him and all...something like this.

    And he knows this judo gym for like 8 years, he has "friends" (who think he is a weirdo) here and there, he drops in sometimes, mostly "after" the class, talking with the instructors, doing some stuff over there corner himself and he considers himself "training" with them.
    hahahahahaha, thank you for your story, very funny! I actually know people who are like that.
  6. agge195

    Guest

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 7:06am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Sambo and mma plus systema?????

    Why?????

    That's kinda like saying "I eat a balanced diet that I really enjoy. I eat steak and eggs for breakfast and for dinner I eat cat **** boiled up into a nice lumpy poridge."

    How do the two ever reconcile? I sure do love my steak and cat ****. The **** takes some getting used to but boy is it delicious once you get past the foul taste, smell, consistency and general repulsive nature. Yum yum

    I'm lost and confused now. Where do you hide your toothbrush?
    naah, more like sambo/mma then systema outside of the ring.
  7. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 7:11am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by agge195 View Post
    hahahahahaha, thank you for your story, very funny! I actually know people who are like that.
    So what kyu or dan are you in Judo? How many competitions have you been in? What was the name of your dojo?
  8. agge195

    Guest

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 7:25am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    So what kyu or dan are you in Judo? How many competitions have you been in? What was the name of your dojo?
    I reached 2 kyu in judo (blue belt), I've been in a few local competitions, nothing big. But I've now gone over to sambo.
  9. agge195

    Guest

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 7:39am


     

    -2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm getting sick of this site. Only a bunch of people trying to prove themselves in different ways. Insecure teenagers telling other styles suck. And also alot of immature namecalling and wtf is wrong with this place anyway.. im tired of responding to everything so I gone now! bye bye
  10. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,178

    Posted On:
    7/12/2012 8:09am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by agge195 View Post
    My goofy impressions of my new art aren't being reinforced by people who have experienced both it, and effective training, and my claim to authority via taking eight years of kiddie judo to reach blue belt at 16 isn't gaining traction. Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!
    Translated from troll to English.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.