Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    goodlun.. 8 years of only technique based training, were my instructors were crap. But with my other training Ive gotten alot better and now focus on the more important parts of grappling. Why so negative? I'm not lying...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:22pm

Style: JKD, BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RynoGreene View Post
    Throw a knife in the cage, and the systema guy will beat the MMA guy. So throw the mma guy a shotgun. MMA guy wins. (Unless of course the systema guys is driving a tank, in which case the mma guy will have to call in attack aircraft or launch nukes.)

This is always a ridiculous argument. You can always escalate combat. It doesn't change the fact that the mma training is better for unarmed combat than systema. And good FMA is better for blunt/bladed weapons... And a good firearms instructor is better with guns... Etc., etc.
    Throw a knife into the ring, and the person who wins will probably be the guy who grabs the knife first, regardless of what styles the competitors train in. That's my opinion anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:26pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdogg View Post
    Throw a knife into the ring, and the person who wins will probably be the guy who grabs the knife first, regardless of what styles the competitors train in. That's my opinion anyway.
    Mr. Connery agrees with you.

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by agge195 View Post
    Why so negative? I'm not lying...
    Nothing you say lines up with someone who has done Judo (even shitty Judo) for 8 years but hey since you say your telling the truth then of course you absolutely must be telling the truth as opposed to you know inflating your resume in order to make a stronger appeal to authority.
  5. Derpjitsu

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:52pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is systema the same thing as 'Russia Hand to Hand Combat' because it seems to always be taught by ex Spez Naz (with little proof of actually being spez naz) and seeing how systema is taught in the military I'm assuming it's the same thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:58pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP.

Look mate...

Do you know how lucky you are? To be doing Judo ever since you were a kid and not falling for bullshit arts like Ninjutsu, Aikido or otherwise at the start of your martial arts training?

I punch myself everyday for starting a bullshit art instead of Judo, and starting too late too. I would kill to be in your place.

And you come here with this Systema **** and expect everyone to embrace your stupid decision?

You can be doing some great **** in Judo or MMA in the future but you choose this fucking **** come on man, what a fucking waste of time.

Don't believe this **** about knives and weapons and the street vs. the ring, this is all tired overplayed bullshit man, if you can fight you can fight anywhere, ring, street, barn, Jupiter I don't give a ****.

Everyone will lie to you, everyone will justify their choice of Systema to you, just like you are doing. Nobody wants to be the fool that picked the wrong ****...

I say this with love and I wish you luck, mate. I'm not hating.

But for fucks sakes I hope this post knocks some sense into you. Don't waste your fucking time man...Stick to the stuff that works.
  7. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Nothing you say lines up with someone who has done Judo (even shitty Judo) for 8 years but hey since you say your telling the truth then of course you absolutely must be telling the truth as opposed to you know inflating your resume in order to make a stronger appeal to authority.
    Mate, I started with judo at the age of nine because my friend trained it. Stopped because of my instructors and I just simply got tired of it and wanted to try something new. End of story.
  8. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 9:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    OP.

Look mate...

Do you know how lucky you are? To be doing Judo ever since you were a kid and not falling for bullshit arts like Ninjutsu, Aikido or otherwise at the start of your martial arts training?

I punch myself everyday for starting a bullshit art instead of Judo, and starting too late too. I would kill to be in your place.

And you come here with this Systema **** and expect everyone to embrace your stupid decision?

You can be doing some great **** in Judo or MMA in the future but you choose this fucking **** come on man, what a fucking waste of time.

Don't believe this **** about knives and weapons and the street vs. the ring, this is all tired overplayed bullshit man, if you can fight you can fight anywhere, ring, street, barn, Jupiter I don't give a ****.

Everyone will lie to you, everyone will justify their choice of Systema to you, just like you are doing. Nobody wants to be the fool that picked the wrong ****...

I say this with love and I wish you luck, mate. I'm not hating.

But for fucks sakes I hope this post knocks some sense into you. Don't waste your fucking time man...Stick to the stuff that works.
    I understand and thank you, but for your information I also do sambo( similar to judo) and mixed martial arts. It goes really well for me at the moment. And Im pretty happy for what I do.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 9:28pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema is overhyped and underdelivering bollocks - it has been discussed to death many times over, hence the reactions.

Remember the Tanswell incident from Seni many moons ago? Systema guy showing his awesome knife skills, promptly got pwned

agge you have no basis form which to argue - clearly you lack both experience and clarity of vision. You are trotting out the same old, same old horseshit every single asshole instructor and student in every single asshole art puts forth - and it is no more cogent now than it was then.

The same accusations - THE EXACT SAME ACCUSATIONS - that your bullshit opening spiel states about "sport fighters" applies to Systema...the biggest difference being that you canot fight in the ring OR against a fucking knife

So congrats - I had forgotten about how much I hated this kind of fucking bollocks and claims of "t3h d434dly" and now you have started me off again. Thanks a fucking bunch

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 9:32pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by agge195 View Post
    I understand and thank you, but for your information I also do sambo( similar to judo) and mixed martial arts. It goes really well for me at the moment. And Im pretty happy for what I do.
    Sambo is cool, MMA is cool.

Ditch the Systema, don't waste your time.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast