1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 6:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by agge195 View Post
    at first I used the traditional judo tactics in my grappling game. After a year of systema training,
    instead of using force to win. These are obviously not anything new, but i learned them along with my systema training.
    You just outed yourself as someone who has 0 experience in Judo
  2. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 6:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how come? I was talking from a ne waza view.. Stand up I always break my opponents balance and combining it with a throw (when doing judo)...
  3. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 7:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we were going by the rules first to tap out looses.. Well anyway systema is my choice of martial art call me whatever.. I'm not lying about my experience in judo or any other martial art. I am young. Yes. I still have alot to learn so let me make my misstakes and let me learn from them, Im just having problems expressing myself in english because its my secondary language... But I actually see alot of sence in Systema.. I'm done here

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 7:21pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throw a knife in the cage, and the systema guy will beat the MMA guy. So throw the mma guy a shotgun. MMA guy wins. (Unless of course the systema guys is driving a tank, in which case the mma guy will have to call in attack aircraft or launch nukes.)

This is always a ridiculous argument. You can always escalate combat. It doesn't change the fact that the mma training is better for unarmed combat than systema. And good FMA is better for blunt/bladed weapons... And a good firearms instructor is better with guns... Etc., etc.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 7:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking from a ne waza view
    So traditional Ne Waza is done via using force to win instead of leverage and timing?
  6. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, absolutly not. Timing is critical, I used force combined with timing and technique. But who said I was great at judo? I learned later on that there are other ways to defeat an opponent without using force and I got better at ne waza and also tachi waza. But alot of judo practitioners go in aggressivly and use there timing and strength to throw someone. But as a result they get tired quickly and lose control. Systema gave me an edge were I learned to relax and breath and still being able to apply my techniques.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 7:49pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, absolutly not. Timing is critical, I used force combined with timing and technique. But who said I was great at judo? I learned later on that there are other ways to defeat an opponent without using force and I got better at ne waza and also tachi waza. But alot of judo practitioners go in aggressivly and use there timing and strength to throw someone. But as a result they get tired quickly and lose control. Systema gave me an edge were I learned to relax and breath and still being able to apply my techniques.
    If you studied Judo for 8 years and weren't any good yet, I can see why you switched gyms! I don't agree with most of what you posted, but there is one thing that I can relate to:

Doing a tiny bit of Tai Chi and a regular practice of Iron Palm that includes a Qi Gung warm-up has helped me, at least from my subjective viewpoint, to control my breath more and be more relaxed when striking. It's helped me to build that habit of having breath awareness in the background of my mind at least, even during the day when not doing MA. So I could see Systema helping with that if your other training didn't emphasize it.
    Last edited by lordbd; 7/11/2012 7:50pm at . Reason: misquote

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 7:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see
    Here hasn't learned to breath yet.
    Thinks that judo practitioners go in aggressivly and use there timing and strength to throw someone. But as a result they get tired quickly and lose control.
    Still focused on Strength and Speed.
    I might believe 8 weeks but 8 years not a chance in hell

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:02pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Complete digression here (I hope that's okay since we're in YMAS). All this talk of Judo reminded me of Cap'n America beating down the hulk with an awesome throw. I don't know if this is a Judo throw, but for some reason since I was a kid, this is what I see in my mind when picturing judo (bottom panel). Gotta love free association.

10. agge195

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply. I actually tried out another judo dojo before switching completely, but it turned out to be worse then the previous. My judo trainers were arrogant and disrespectful to there students. They tought an aggressiv way of judo and I really wanted some change. Systema has helped me overcome fears and helped me get more control. I Combined it with sambo/mma to expand my skill.

Happy that someone can relate!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast