Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 1:39am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for the name of a specific position

Dear bullies,

I am not even sure if it really has a name or not, but there is a position that I'd like to explore these days, however since I cannot figure out what to write in order to search, i am kind of stuck.

Let me explain like this. Let's say you are in x guard and your opponent is standing up.

Then you just push his legs afar and stand up from this position (not going into the details) and you end up in a position where his leg (foot actually) is on the top of your shoulder, trapped, the other leg on the ground or air, and his hands probably on the mat, trying to balance himself.

This position exactly is what i am trying to explore. I want to see what cool stuff you can do here, once you have him up like that.
    (Instead of just pushing the knee down to take the back, or just trying to turn him over or something)

I tried to look for the actual x-guard sweeps on internet, but they either end up in a situation where the guy gives up too quickly and falls down, or something like "yeah there are hundreds of stuff you can do from here" and no more explanation.

The name, some references or some videos you remember, are all of help.

Thanks

:EWBTE2:

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:18am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was having a hard time getting a mental view on the position.....you mean like this?

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 11:14am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    I was having a hard time getting a mental view on the position.....you mean like this?

I'm not positive, but I think he's talking about the position that comes right before that where both of your partner's feet are still on the ground and he's either standing and asking to get swept backwards or upright on his hands and feet looking like moron.

Wait... wait wait. Wait. You're STANDING? Like if you were to catch a kick and treetop him except his torso is down?
    Last edited by wetware; 7/09/2012 11:18am at . Reason: Well... uprightish? Sort of?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm let me try again.

You see how the guy in the photo grabs the leg? That's the correct position up there, you have the leg just like that on your shoulder. (Just maybe a little closer to the ankle, cuz you need a good grip)

Now instead of going with the x-guard, you totally abandon the x guard, and you stand up from there. (Left hand on ground, scoop the leg and hip back, and stand up. just like standing up in base)

Now you're standing up with your opponents leg on your shoulder. He either falls down immediately, or just stands on single leg somehow(if he's a good striker, very rare though), or mostly ends up on his "hands" trying to balance his way around, trying to stop you from turning him over (you probably end up on his back)

Was this better?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 6:21am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure someone out there has a name for that position, but we just call it the single leg finish from x-guard.

Not very exciting, I know.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 10:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I'm sure someone out there has a name for that position, but we just call it the single leg finish from x-guard.

Not very exciting, I know.
    still thanks though

I guess I'll give up, I don't think there any different cool stuff from there, just turning the enemy over or taking the back and getting on with it seems like the best idea.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 10:11am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STF?