Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,471
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameshiwhaty? View Post
    How ould you compare the single to double size wise I wear a sz 8 karate gi just for a idea.
    Do they have a different sizing chart for karate gis? The charts I've seen (for judo/jujitsu gi's) only go up to a 7. Anyway, I'm a size 5 which I think translates to a BJJ A3 (although i hear bjj gi's are tighter fitting in general so that remains to be seen).

    The single weave I'm talking about still feels like a thick canvas (15 oz. I think). Despite this, it shrunk a little bit more than the double has, so I have a little bit more room in the double than I had in the single.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    163
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Do they have a different sizing chart for karate gis? The charts I've seen (for judo/jujitsu gi's) only go up to a 7. Anyway, I'm a size 5 which I think translates to a BJJ A3 (although i hear bjj gi's are tighter fitting in general so that remains to be seen).

    The single weave I'm talking about still feels like a thick canvas (15 oz. I think). Despite this, it shrunk a little bit more than the double has, so I have a little bit more room in the double than I had in the single.
    Googd To know A double may bbe the way to go my belt is a 7 so I might be able to get away with it. There is always putting down the fork lol, the size chart seems the same but really it's like shoes an adidas 12 is a nike 5 lol

  3. #23
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,519
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Does anyone use double weaves and like them?
    Depends on the double. I use and love KuSakura JOA series judogi, they are not nearly so stiff as some of the competition-oriented doubles out there. Mind you they are also really pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameshiwhaty? View Post
    How ould you compare the single to double size wise I wear a sz 8 karate gi just for a idea.
    Double vs single has nothing to do with it, you need to check the size charts for each manufacturer. Even within a manufacturer some models will fit differently than others.

    For the really big guys out there you will have to look for manufacturers to accomodate you.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    808
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Neil, I will check it out. My buddy just called me and said he wanted to start taking aikido...which sounds like a good excuse to give him a couple of my old dogi so I can rationalize buying a new one or two (my old ones are just NOT wearing out, except for minor shredding in the collar and lapels).

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    163
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Depends on the double. I use and love KuSakura JOA series judogi, they are not nearly so stiff as some of the competition-oriented doubles out there. Mind you they are also really pricey.
    Double vs single has nothing to do with it, you need to check the size charts for each manufacturer. Even within a manufacturer some models will fit differently than others.

    For the really big guys out there you will have to look for manufacturers to accomodate you.
    Thanks I now some of the Century models have a size 8 but I don't know how they will shrink, Yeah it's really like shoes ya know there really isn't a standard.
    '

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO