Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville supporting member
    Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by WhiteShark
    Did you guys actually read the site? Training began in 1982 he was teaching by 1986 that's 4 years. Also I can't find any reference to his teacher anywhere. Seems fishy to me.
    He could've been an assistant instructor.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Style
    5AF & Sub Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My expierience with free teachers........

My first teacher (shaolin 5 animal) didn't charge anything either and tought out of his backyard. The one thing that I have to say about people who don't charge you anything (from what I've seen) is that they expect alot out of you. They give you their time for free and all they want is for you to be able to teach someone else one day. Another thing that I learned about people who don't run a school is that they don't have one to loose. By that I mean they can Kick your ass and if you sue them they don't really give a ****. The way most of the classes worked with my old teacher is we would stretch out and do some excercises for about 30 min and then spar full contact (no pads)for about 2 hours then learn new technique for about an hour and it was done.

My expierence with Kung fu was just like a bjj class ....... we practiced like it was for real.

So mabey this guy might be a good teacher because he has the privalege to beat the **** out of people because as soon as you start charging your students become your boss.....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting way to look at the student/teacher relationship

i wouldn't really worry too much about lineage provided he is a good teacher in other respects

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy may be many things, but a mcdojoist he is not. As for his lineage...if you guys check out wingchunkuen.com, you will find many lineages from various parts of southern China not related to Yip Man, plus some lineages outside China (Vietnam and Malaysia come to mind).

So I don´t see why his lineage couldn´t be unrelated to Yip Man´s.

And frankly, as long as the guy has a good grasp of the concepts and is willing to work his students hard, I see no problem.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Style
    BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trippy. I'd definitely scope it out, especially for a price you can't beat. He's either brilliant or a madman.

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Te(V)plar
    He's either brilliant or a madman.
    Not necessarily either of those. My own wing chun sifu has a day job which pays his bills, so he doesn´t charge much: if the guy wants to do things his way and truly loves the art, AND he doesn´t depend on the money, he may find it a good idea to teach for free.

As someone said, what he doesn´t charge in money he can charge in sweat and dedication. Not sure if that´s the case here, but it is a definite possibility.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Style
    SHO'NUFF
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tony Ragasa
    maybe thats the director of the video he learned from.
    JOHN DOE
    Hmmm. I'll kill him. I'll kill him dead. Like with, with a, rock or something. Like a, like a stone.
    evil master betty

Style
    Wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My daddy

Lightning fist dragon force academy is my father, edwin nye skinner. He is a 7th level master trained by master Tony ragasa. He lives in Athens ala and never charges

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisaskinner View Post
    Lightning fist dragon force academy is my father, edwin nye skinner. He is a 7th level master trained by master Tony ragasa. He lives in Athens ala and never charges
    12 year old thread and you resurrect it to simply claim he is your daddy? Bad poster! No thread Necro without adding something of worth. Anyone can create an account and claim to be anyone they want to.

Did he train you? What was the training like? Do any of his students fight? Is there any video?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posts not meeting MABS standards can be found here
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last