Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:53pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FluidSound View Post
    Maybe so, but I did not start off being mean now did I?

@Cualltaigh

No, I'm trying to avoid harassment and I am truly sorry for posting the thread twice. I did not find it before. There's a reason I apologized, it was a safety measure in case I made a mistake. Also, by making someone feel like ****, there is no kindness in that. It's hard for me to distribute what I wish to say already, so what kindness is there if it isn't helping me but making me feel worse about myself as a person? What kindness is that? : \

I have a low self esteem, am a bit self-conscious, have been tormented my whole life and have been both physically, psychologically and socially abused most of my life. There's really no escape from it for me. Why cut open an already wounded injury if that's a form of kindness? There's no reward for someone like me, whether I'm nice, mean, it never really matters because even when I ask for something, I never get it. Reasonable or not.

Anyways, I apologize for posting twice. I sincerely did not realize there was more than one thread. If you think I'm an idiot, fine. Whatever. But at least treat the idiot with a little kindness.
    You should not expect someone to hold your hand, dude **** happens deal with it and move on. It's good to have honest opinions it reminds you to use your brain so you don't get sucked in. Take the opportunity to learn something many people on here have functional knowledge of what works from LEO's to Cage fighters.
    Last edited by Tameshiwhaty?; 7/04/2012 8:02pm at .

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    dude stop harping on about being a reject. nobody cares. you are talking to people on a martial arts forum, most people here are fucking social outcasts. martial arts are geeky by nature, let alone with people who argue about it on the internet.
    Hahahaaa...

... considering that outside of that it isnt an actual style just a wushu oddity there isnt much in the way of martial application going on.

Weeelll, mostly sure, but not entirely (on the bolded part)...
    I've been saving that bit...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that video posted above is the only footage ive ever seen of somebody using drunken boxing in an actual fight, and all it appeared to do was make them more vulnerable when they were pulling silly poses. if you want to be able to throw strong punches from different angles, be unpredictable, and have great balance, do whatever it is that roy jones did (before he became old and got beat up too much)

i think its called boxing or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:03pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drunken Fist is actually considered a form of boxing. Also, yes, boxing does help you become unpredictable. But learning from a different perspective can give you a different mind set. You know Lyoto Machida? He doesn't use too much Karate during the MMA, mostly it's "base" and principles. Do you see what I mean though? I can understand where you're coming from too and I can agree that Boxing is an efficient way of becoming unpredictable as well.

But seeing things from a new angle and learning to become more flexible never hurts, right?

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drunken Fist is actually considered a form of boxing.
    No it isn't.

Also, yes, boxing does help you become unpredictable. But learning from a different perspective can give you a different mind set. You know Lyoto Machida? He doesn't use too much Karate during the MMA, mostly it's "base" and principles. Do you see what I mean though? I can understand where you're coming from too and I can agree that Boxing is an efficient way of becoming unpredictable as well.

But seeing things from a new angle and learning to become more flexible never hurts, right?
    Just stop....

Machida? Really?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    No it isn't.

Just stop....

Machida? Really?
    It technically is. Anyhow, my other points still stand. And yes, Machida DOES practice Karate and has stated that he uses it as his base. But he does not use it in the MMA.

By the way, why don't you learn something from Alex. Instead of saying "No." and "Just stop" he posts **** and actually says something useful. You should try it some time.
    Last edited by FluidSound; 7/04/2012 8:14pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know Lyoto Machida? He doesn't use too much Karate during the MMA, mostly it's "base" and principles. Do you see what I mean though? I can understand where you're coming from too and I can agree that Boxing is an efficient way of becoming unpredictable as well.

youre missing my point. i dont know how to explain this any clearer. what you are saying is true if applied to something that is a legit method of fighting. drunken boxing isn't. its great in b grade kung fu comedies, there is zero evidence of it being anything close to useful in a real fight.

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:14pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It technically is. Anyhow, my other points still stand. And yes, Machida DOES practice Karate and has stated that he uses it as his base. But he does not use it in the MMA.
    No it isn't.
    You are all over the place, wth does Machida have to do with drunken fist?
    Are you drunk?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    youre missing my point. i dont know how to explain this any clearer. what you are saying is true if applied to something that is a legit method of fighting. drunken boxing isn't. its great in b grade kung fu comedies, there is zero evidence of it being anything close to useful in a real fight.
    I can understand that. I'm saying that different things can help you in different ways is all. Yoga isn't used for fighting, but people find it can help them in martial arts in a way. Any way to keep you physically fit, can imo, become a better fighter. But, that's just my opinion. In a real fight, I'm sure someone using drunken boxing would probably get their ass kicked. But I'm more or less saying, what if someone who knew how to fight, used the mind set of how the application works rather than actually applying what they have to fight with?

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can understand that. I'm saying that different things can help you in different ways is all. Yoga isn't used for fighting, but people find it can help them in martial arts in a way. Any way to keep you physically fit, can imo, become a better fighter. But, that's just my opinion. In a real fight, I'm sure someone using drunken boxing would probably get their ass kicked. But I'm more or less saying, what if someone who knew how to fight, used the mind set of how the application works rather than actually applying what they have to fight with?
    You were answered early on:
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Here's a thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62950

Modern wushu, although enjoyable to watch, is not combat effective. What you posted is a performance form that has zero combat applicability. The above thread will address every comment you may have about its history, its creation, whether it is legit and other minor questions.
    Now, perhaps you should go back and look for subtle things you may have missed in this thread.
    Seeing as how you missed the above wisdom it is reasonable to assume you may have missed another nugget or two...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast