230734 Bullies, 3827 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 56
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. FluidSound is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:20pm


     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I put "drunken fist" and got many results, go figure.

    You need to read this:
    http://www.bullshido.org/Bullshidoka_Arguments

    Oh, and you're a hypocrite.
    Maybe so, but I did not start off being mean now did I?

    @Cualltaigh

    No, I'm trying to avoid harassment and I am truly sorry for posting the thread twice. I did not find it before. There's a reason I apologized, it was a safety measure in case I made a mistake. Also, by making someone feel like ****, there is no kindness in that. It's hard for me to distribute what I wish to say already, so what kindness is there if it isn't helping me but making me feel worse about myself as a person? What kindness is that? : \

    I have a low self esteem, am a bit self-conscious, have been tormented my whole life and have been both physically, psychologically and socially abused most of my life. There's really no escape from it for me. Why cut open an already wounded injury if that's a form of kindness? There's no reward for someone like me, whether I'm nice, mean, it never really matters because even when I ask for something, I never get it. Reasonable or not.

    Anyways, I apologize for posting twice. I sincerely did not realize there was more than one thread. If you think I'm an idiot, fine. Whatever. But at least treat the idiot with a little kindness.
  2. mike321 is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,497

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:28pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stay with this site because people are not "nice" or "respectful" or "respect all arts" or "keep quiet if nothing nice to say". Quite the opposite for me than in any other topic that interests me. The reason is that martial arts have been screwed by these concepts. It is sad to say but true. Frauds, fakes, cultists, crooks, a veritable hive of villainy and scum have infested the martial arts with these concepts.
  3. FluidSound is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:33pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    I stay with this site because people are not "nice" or "respectful" or "respect all arts" or "keep quiet if nothing nice to say". Quite the opposite for me than in any other topic that interests me. The reason is that martial arts have been screwed by these concepts. It is sad to say but true. Frauds, fakes, cultists, crooks, a veritable hive of villainy and scum have infested the martial arts with these concepts.
    It's not about martial arts though that you should show these things. Listen, showing respect doesn't mean tell someone they're right. Nor does being nice. You can still do them and prove that someone is wrong. If they think they're right still even if proven so, that's THEIR problem. Ignore them and let them think what they will. There are still frauds and fakes today.

    If you want to prove someone is wrong, you don't laugh at them and humiliate them. How does that teach THEM? That discourages them even further from learning. Why would I want a douchebag for a teacher? If you want to prove something is false, you can show it, but don't thrash on the person that thinks it. That's just cruelty.

    It doesn't take a martial artist to make someone feel like ****, is basically what I'm getting at.
  4. alex is online now
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,208

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you post dumb ****, people will ridicule you here. if you are going to take it personally, this is not the site for you.

    personally, i find threats and humiliation quite a good learning tool. the fat bastards i train always remember to keep their hands up when i threaten them with physical harm.
  5. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,281

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:42pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FluidSound View Post
    Maybe so, but I did not start off being mean now did I?
    No, you started out by not reading the stickies, apparently.
    Next, you were too lazy to read the threads already posted.
    When it was pointed out to you, twice, that you were creating redundant threads you became butthurt.
    So here we are with you now accusing us of being mean, when if you had read the stickies in the first place, you'd know:
    CMA Forum/How not to look stupid FAQ

    FAQ (subject to update)

    Why the Chinese martial arts (CMA) forum?
    This area is for the discussion of all styles of CMA. It is expected that posters will have competency in their respective arts, since opinions are like . . . well, everyone has one, donít they?

    Donít you guys hate CMA?
    Settle down. Bullshido.net is probably a lot more open-minded than you think. And thanks to this forum, discussion will be kept largely flame-free. MMA nutriders have their own space to hang out. The price you pay for this well-appointed lounge is actually having something to offer in the way of intelligent discussion.

    There are other forums out there, you know . . . Ones with fewer jerks.
    First of all, itís the jerks who will tell you that you forgot to wear deodorant, or that you have broccoli in your teeth. Secondly, this forum will attempt to differentiate itself by developing and maintaining consistent standards for proof. If you feel that your style of CMA has been wrongly maligned, then people here will work with you to create evidence of whatever claims you might have. Naturally, the flip-side of this is that not a lot of credence will be given to unsubstantiated verbiage. Thatís not too much to ask, is it?

    Arenít the same issues going to come up again and again?
    Quite possible. The purpose of this FAQ is to deal with them in a detailed manner. Weíre going to do our best to provide comprehensive answers. These conclusions will form a jumping point for further discussions.

    Can we hang out with Omega?
    Why on earth would you want to do that?

    Can non-CMA practitioners post pertinent questions?
    Given this site's history, Non-practitioners are going to get a little less slack when it comes to posting here, but with that being said, any reasonable question or observation is welcome. Post away.

    I hate you guys. You're abrasive assholes, and have shown little respect for CMA, like, ever.
    All I can really say is that you shouldn't let your prejudices run amok. This area is dedicated toward productive CMA discussion. The idea is to take things in a different direction than they have in past; we want to incubate ideas, not turn them into omelettes. Yes, if you post bullshit, you will be criticized, nay mocked. But that's the point -- we're looking for objective standards of evaluation. Whether you like it or not, that's what martial arts that aren't totally performance-based require.
    ..so while you were not "mean" (LOL), you did not read what was expected of you and would now like special treatment.

    I say grow a pair and stop being lazy.
  6. FluidSound is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:58pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Alex

    I see. If that's the case, this isn't the site for me. This is the SRK of Martial Arts forums. Thank you for at least stating something without being harsh about it. Still, what works for some, doesn't work for all.

    @ChengPengFi

    Whether or not it says this site has "jerks" on it, doesn't mean you have to be one of them. Grow a mind of your own. This site says the people here are more open minded than I might think? Well, I've only seen few people who ignored the "Be an asshole" mindset and still learned. You don't have to be mean to teach someone.

    As a matter a fact, from person experience, I found that was the WORST way to teach someone. Being nice, does NOT implicate being dishonest. You can both be nice and strict. But being a complete and utter jerk is just a whole new tale to tell. Even if I am "criticized, NAY mocked!" doesn't mean you should or HAVE to for that matter.

    An old poem

    "Any fool can make a rule.
    And every fool will mind it."
  7. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,281

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FluidSound View Post
    @ChengPengFi

    Whether or not it says this site has "jerks" on it, doesn't mean you have to be one of them.
    So, you're calling me a jerk because i pointed out that you made two redundant threads, and that you didn't know what was expected of you?
    The FAQ says, "How not to look stupid.", yep that's you now.
    It's the jerk that goes around expecting preferential treatment at someplace new.
    You will not be getting a red carpet.


    Grow a mind of your own. This site says the people here are more open minded than I might think? Well, I've only seen few people who ignored the "Be an asshole" mindset and still learned. You don't have to be mean to teach someone.
    I'm not being "mean" that's your projection, and hypocrisy.
    You've been calling people jerks since you got here.
    I have no obligation to teach you anything, why should i care if you learn?
    That's on you.

    As a matter a fact, from person experience, I found that was the WORST way to teach someone.
    So you're a teacher?
    Do tell.


    Being nice, does NOT implicate being dishonest. You can both be nice and strict. But being a complete and utter jerk is just a whole new tale to tell. Even if I am "criticized, NAY mocked!" doesn't mean you should or HAVE to for that matter.

    An old poem

    "Any fool can make a rule.
    And every fool will mind it."

    People who do not take the time to read before spouting ignorance, should be mocked.
    You should be more humble, if you want me (or anyone else) to teach you anything.
    Ignoring rules is not how that's done.

    May i come to your house/school/social-group and tell you how to behave?
  8. FluidSound is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:32pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So, you're calling me a jerk because i pointed out that you made two redundant threads, and that you didn't know what was expected of you?
    The FAQ says, "How not to look stupid.", yep that's you now.
    It's the jerk that goes around expecting preferential treatment at someplace new.
    You will not be getting a red carpet.




    I'm not being "mean" that's your projection, and hypocrisy.
    You've been calling people jerks since you got here.
    I have no obligation to teach you anything, why should i care if you learn?
    That's on you.



    So you're a teacher?
    Do tell.





    People who do not take the time to read before spouting ignorance, should be mocked.
    You should be more humble, if you want me (or anyone else) to teach you anything.
    Ignoring rules is not how that's done.

    May i come to your house/school/social-group and tell you how to behave?
    I never expected a red carpet. If I did, I wouldn't have needed to apologize now, would I? The fact that I did, shows that I have some level of respect. Whether I make a mistake or not, does NOT mean you have to make me feel like an ass for it. Why couldn't you say "It's okay. You made a mistake, but be a little more cautious next time." Would THAT have been hard?

    Have you not? You've been treating me rather harsh and have been attempting to make me feel stupid.


    I said I've taught before. I never said I was a teacher, nor would I ever want to be. But I DO know how to teach. People have personally asked me to teach them how to play music and I have done so with success by being kind and patient.

    I am more humble than you may think. Even if you think otherwise. There is no social group for me, I'm a bit of an outcast due to my unsocial nature. However, if you ever do wish to visit, I would have no disregard for you and would welcome you into the home I live in and treat you as a guest.
  9. alex is online now
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,208

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:43pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude stop harping on about being a reject. nobody cares. you are talking to people on a martial arts forum, most people here are fucking social outcasts. martial arts are geeky by nature, let alone with people who argue about it on the internet. being a reject doesnt mean you also have to be a softie.

    back to the thread, drunken style is great in a jackie chan movie. considering that outside of that it isnt an actual style just a wushu oddity there isnt much in the way of martial application going on.
  10. FluidSound is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:52pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    dude stop harping on about being a reject. nobody cares. you are talking to people on a martial arts forum, most people here are fucking social outcasts. martial arts are geeky by nature, let alone with people who argue about it on the internet. being a reject doesnt mean you also have to be a softie.

    back to the thread, drunken style is great in a jackie chan movie. considering that outside of that it isnt an actual style just a wushu oddity there isnt much in the way of martial application going on.
    Ouch... I never really considered myself to be a reject. I guess that is true though. I'm not so much harping on about it, I merely state it because my mind takes things a little literally. Anyways, I still think there is a bit to learn from it. Not just from a Jackie Chan movie or whatever. It shows that the body can keep stability in many different ways and positions. Not to mention that, again, it could teach unpredictability.

    That's probably something that's a little overlooked in my opinion. Being unpredictable is important in martial arts and probably one of the more complicated things.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.