221964 Bullies, 4210 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 53
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,073

    Posted On:
    7/06/2012 2:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the trailer makes it look like this movie doesn't know what it wants to be and seems like a huge clusterfuck of outlandish characters and pseudo-iconic one liners?
    You mean, "does it look like a Tarantino movie?"
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,743

    Posted On:
    7/06/2012 4:09pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the trailer makes it look like this movie doesn't know what it wants to be and seems like a huge clusterfuck of outlandish characters and pseudo-iconic one liners?

    I mean, there's a big chance I'm going to watch this, but... you know?
    Which fits the Genre that RZA grew up watching. I mean maybe some of you are to young for WuTang Clan and RZA's bio, but he repped CMA for DECADES. He also practiced it as well.

    These are the two movies I thought of immediately.



    Both are just as busy as Iron Fists looks.
  3. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,673

    Posted On:
    7/06/2012 4:19pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Which fits the Genre that RZA grew up watching.
    Kind of what I was thinking too.

    Those old Shah Brothers films weren't exactly The Godfather or anything. Honestly, I'd think it was weird if RZA directed a martial arts flick and it wasn't an homage to old school wakiness.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,743

    Posted On:
    7/06/2012 4:24pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post

    Those old Shah Brothers films weren't exactly The Godfather or anything.
    It is Shaw and Yes, some of them were at that level.

    Honestly, I'd think it was weird if RZA directed a martial arts flick and it wasn't an homage to old school wakiness.
    He's been talking for years he wanted to do one. It doesn't surprise me one bit it looks like this in the trailers.
  5. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    968

    Posted On:
    7/08/2012 2:59am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Which fits the Genre that RZA grew up watching. I mean maybe some of you are to young for WuTang Clan and RZA's bio, but he repped CMA for DECADES. He also practiced it as well.

    These are the two movies I thought of immediately.


    Both are just as busy as Iron Fists looks.
    Good point.
  6. erezb is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,260

    Posted On:
    7/08/2012 9:16am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Death Proof sucked balls! i had such high expectations from it. The only thing i liked were the girls, he casts really nice looking girls. Great legs!!! good taste.
    I never thought of him as someone that basically rips off foreign films and makes millions .
    I loved inglorious bastards though.. and that seems to be original. Though it was full of stereotypes.
    Last edited by erezb; 7/08/2012 9:25am at .
  7. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,472

    Posted On:
    7/09/2012 11:41am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kinda feel like if you take the gritty sex out of Tarantino's movies, you'd pretty much have an expensive rendition of the doodled back of a 14 year old boy's school notebook. I know, because I was that 14 year old.
  8. profroche is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54

    Posted On:
    7/09/2012 11:55am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I kinda feel like if you take the gritty sex out of Tarantino's movies, you'd pretty much have an expensive rendition of the doodled back of a 14 year old boy's school notebook. I know, because I was that 14 year old.
    That's kind of what he's going for.
  9. Fuzzy is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    974

    Posted On:
    7/09/2012 11:58am


     Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I kinda feel like if you take the gritty sex out of Tarantino's movies, you'd pretty much have an expensive rendition of the doodled back of a 14 year old boy's school notebook. I know, because I was that 14 year old.
    This is pretty much my ideal kind of movie. Ideally with the sex put back in.
  10. Tranquil Suit is offline
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    On hiatus

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,458

    Posted On:
    8/01/2012 10:44am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming out 2nd November
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.