Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 9:59am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Extreme Fighting DVD's for $6!

Best Buy is the BOMB! I went to the one out here looking for some Gordon Liu movies and noticed there were some DVD's on sale for $5.99. Among them were Extreme Fighting 1 and Extreme Fighting 2. I had seen both of them on VHS before. 2 is pretty much the same as it was on VHS, but 1 had stuff I hadn't seen before including Mr T's horrible post-fight interviews and Alfonso Alcarez's fight. 2 also included fighters' stats and gives you an idea of what the card was supposed to be like if Perretti hadn't run into legal trouble. I still think it was a pretty good show, but it would have been much better.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 3:35am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Suncoast?

Come on! Details!

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 8:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by omega
    Suncoast?

Come on! Details!
    Out here, Suncoast is an excellent place to go for Pride DVD's. They also have quite a few KOTC's, Gladiator Challenge, and the newer UFC DVD's. FYE has a lot of the early IFC's for real low prices (usually either $6 or $10). I went to both Suncoast and FYE looking for UFC 45. When I didn't find it at either place, I was convinced that it probably hadn't been released yet. Best Buy had it for $16.

From now on, if there are UFC's that I believe I can wait to see, I'll skip the pay-per-view and buy the DVD. Whenever I order the pay-per-view, I don't get to see the prelims, I tape it and the picture isn't as good on VHS, and there's a lot of crp in between fights to fast forward through. The DVD is a little more than 1/2 the price of PPV and the picture is just as good as it is when you watch it on digital cable.

I thought UFC 45 got a bad rap. There were a lot of people that pitched a fit over the card. Did I feel the card lived of to 10 years of anticipation? No. Was it worth the five months that I waited between it's PPV airing and its DVD release? Oh yeah. I could see why Baroni was pissed. I thought Tanner was out before the ref stopped it the first time to have the cut checked. Then again, Baroni didn't appear to be throwing as heavy punches when they were restarted. If he had, he would have won. Tank looked old. What I didn't get was why they bleeped out a word in his post-fight interview and didn't bleep it out when Joe Rogan said "bullshit" at the end of Tank's fight. Randy Couture is the worst UFC historian in the world. On one of the extras, he mentioned Goodridge beating Herrera at UFC 9 and Tank beating Duarte at UFC 19. Too many hits to the head maybe?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 5:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Which IFC's one of my guys fought on one a few years ago and I've been looking for them.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 8:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of them. Which one are you looking for? I notice you're in SLO. I bought one IFC DVD called King of the Mountain. Gan McGee won the HW tourney in that one.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 9:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IFC WC 13-IFC Warriors Challenge 13

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 10:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll look for it tomorrow. If you see Chuck, send him some mad props for me. Anybody who kicks Tito's ass - especially the way he did - is a stud in my book.
    Last edited by DanDavis; 4/20/2004 10:25pm at .

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *is going shopping this weekend for UFC vids.*
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/21/2004 10:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's actually going to be working the corner of my fighter next fight.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    4/22/2004 8:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to FYE and Best Buy yesterday and had no luck finding Warriors Challenge 13. I don't believe they number the Warriors Challenge DVD's. I own a copy of one subtitled "King of the Mountain" which featured a HW tourney won by Gan McGee. I had to refer to Full Contact Fighter's database when you told me which show it was so that I could look at the back of the case and see if the card matched. I think I may have seen that DVD there (FYE) last year. I think they're just selling the stuff they got in last year and haven't been ordering replacements. There's a 5 DVD boxed set that includes the original show held in Russia for around $45. I'll try the Suncoast out here and the FYE and Sam Goody back in my hometown.