Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    It depends I would just go with elbows to the face and maul the body with closed fists

I think a Kyokushin karateka would have more conditioned fists (more knucle push up, more bare fisted punching the bags, etc)
    I ended a fight with a palm heel; split the lip and bloodied the nose and he dropped to his knees, but then I've crossed trained plenty Hawaiian Kempo so I know the deadly.http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...961&highlight=

It's a matter of instant decision, but with decades of training the Hurt Don't Maim, Maim Don't Kill bullshit (search Kung Fu TV quotes) combined with the Japanese/Okinawan TMA karate attitude that street defense is a piece of cake (if you can't take on the n00b college football lineman in sparring in the dojo then turn in your fucking worthless bb and hit the streets and never shame us with your shitty lack of fighting spirit) and therefore when cutting the cake one doesn't need a chainsaw. Or some such shitty analogy - the heart of karate is defense so one is trained to use the MINIMUM to escape or win or end it. Therefore if I had the time to think I might think, hmmm, a hard punch to this idiot leaping and charging into my dear body might remove his teeth and or KO and or he could fall on that cement and die etc etc and really, we are all part of the overmind/GOD, and wtf do I want to injure another? Therefore palm heel with a bloody nose and split lip works just fine.

But of course in many if not most applications fist does more damage, specially to the knuckles of the delivering fist.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 12:36pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hit the soft parts of your opponants body with your hard parts, and the hard parts of your opponants body with your soft parts

:)

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had to strike, it'd be fists. I haven't really had to. Retard grappl3 strength FTW. Anything with your fingers not closed, risks them jamming on something hard, or having them grabbed and twisted, or crunched. Anyone forcing me into striking, isn't going to be given any splayed out fingers to mess up, on purpose or by accident/no0b-flail.

Slap fighting leaves marks and redness also. Unless there's hours or days between the fight, and police involvement, I imagine either would leave telltale signs of combat.

My thought is, don't punch or kick if you don't have to. If you do, and you're trading slaps for someone's punches....you will likely lose out on the trade, unless they're so weak that you could have avoided striking in the first place.

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 2:50pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I'm thinking...
    Help me out.

I don't get it, but my spidey senses tell me it's good.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

:)

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Help me out.

I don't get it, but my spidey senses tell me it's good.
    Not sure, but could be wrap oranges in a towel. Very jailhouse for suburban inter-home discipline.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 2:58pm

Style: Kyokushin

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Hit the soft parts of your opponants body with your hard parts, and the hard parts of your opponants body with your soft parts
    If you're doing that, isn't your opponent doing the same thing by default?

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 3:02pm

Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    If you're doing that, isn't your opponent doing the same thing by default?
    Stupid opponent!

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 4:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    Hands don't always break, but they do more often than not. Also, I am not sure if Hedge was really going for the KO on those strikes (I can't tell based on the vid). However, I have broken my hand multiple times, in sparring, with MMA gloves on. It's common. Borking your wrist with a missed strike is less so, since most injuries to the wrist have to do with the angle of the fall, as well as the force of impact. It's a different scenario.
    Yeah sparring is different and I think has to do with the volume of punches thrown. The only time I had serious hand issues was training for boxing. And I think it was a culmination of round after round and day after day of using them as impact weapons.

In hedges fight everybody hit everybody. So we have at least three people we can look at who hit people to see if there was much hand damage.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 4:59pm

Style: TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly don't believe anyone is going to think about it. You do what you train for or what comes naturally. If you train palm strike you do it. If you train fist, you do it. If you're in a situation that you can actually make a choice then maybe you have other options than punching.
    Maybe a good finger jab to the eyes or an ear slap! Kamehameha to the chest would be best. Chi blast the mofo!

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 5:40pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah sparring is different and I think has to do with the volume of punches thrown. The only time I had serious hand issues was training for boxing. And I think it was a culmination of round after round and day after day of using them as impact weapons.

In hedges fight everybody hit everybody. So we have at least three people we can look at who hit people to see if there was much hand damage.
    Not sure I know what you mean by hedges fight. I do know that in medical profession, we see plenty of hand fractures from punching.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast