Thread: 1st post

Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1st post

Firs' I am a DA on puters, a One finger typer. I have long been content to lurk and learn. Also most of you express better what I am thinking. My knowledge is in the Military and firearms. Ihate posers and bloaters of any kind. I had t5o join because of the misunderstanding of the Stolen Valor Act. I can tell the from posters remarks who did not swerve in any of the wars. Each time a poser claims honors he did not earn lessens the honor of us w2ere there . Try this idea what is the purpose of this blog? SVA is not about the 2a ,it is about stolen HONOR and trust. Please go to some MilBlogs and learn. How do you feel about people claiming high Honors in the MAs ,sometimes they never even took a class. Thank You Joe

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    I had t5o join because of the misunderstanding of the Stolen Valor Act.
    Welcome to Bullshido. Good luck with your mission, some (mostly those who did not serve) don't and won't understand, others don't care. I am referring to the public in general, not Bullshido forum members.
    A false claim is a false claim; it only makes it WORSE when it is used for gain. Claiming purple hearts and any valorous awards is just plain wrong.

The purpose of the First Amendment is to protect us when we express our discontent with the government or leaders; it basically allows us to voice our opinions openly. The Bill of Rights should not have to be interpreted in any kind of fine detail, it is a simple document. If I start on the Second Amendment, I'll ramble even more, so I will end my rant now and ask: What did you expect from a Supreme Court comprised of liberal, non-veterans?

As for people claiming high honors in martial arts, Frank Dux and Ashida Kim searches drew me to this site, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slam, Itotally agree with you. We had some hope over at TAH(This Ain't Hell, a MilBlog)There is a new bill HR 1775 to support,addresses what the activise judges ruled wrong with the SVA. I was surpised by some posters I respected on site. Their position that this was a freedom of speech attack. I spent almost 7 yrs in the Marines,25 months in Viet Nam.As I Med-Evaced real heros,I lied to them to help their passing. Now, you know why I have such strong feelings about stoled valor.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    Now, you know why I have such strong feelings about stoled valor.
    I understand exactly how you feel. Thank you for your service to this great country and God Bless!

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Semper Fi MarJoe and welcome to the site.

Good to see more Okies on board.

Your Vietnam service puts you a little older than myself as it wound down while I was still in school and entered the USMC in 79. Over the years, I've heard more than a few boasters in bars who were making BS claims. Being a history buff, I've always called them on their lies. Most were never seen in that establishment again.

Hopefully, some sort of legislation can be passed that will stand constitutionally.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I've heard more than a few boasters in bars who were making BS claims. Being a history buff, I've always called them on their lies. Most were never seen in that establishment again.
    Shaming someone is one of the most powerful tools we have. This may not apply if they are a narcissist or sociopath LOL.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't remember any of the posers wanting to fight when called out on their lies. That would make them cowards or just being smart. I'm leaning towards cowards.

...disclaimer...

I rarely do the bar scene anymore.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Can't remember any of the posers wanting to fight when called out on their lies.
    I wasn't trying to imply that they would fight, but the really wacky ones don't let being exposed or outed bother them very much.

I've only called out one 'Navy SEAL'; he just mumbled "I don't care if anybody believes me or not" and walked away. Then he goes home, starts **** with his wife; she attacked him and he went to the hospital.
    Not to be deterred, he still makes the same claims to clerks of every convenience store he frequents.