Pakeha
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jumping into the shark tank

I just registered here properly after lurking for a week or so and reading huge chunks of Bullshido past and present. This site has already helped me figure out some youtube bullshido I had questions about. The fact that it's all about arguing what the truth is and stopping people being sucked in by lying rip off merchants is awesome.

I discovered BJJ and MMA a few years ago and it sucked me in and won't let me go. Apart from a brief experience with kendo a decade or more ago i had no previous MA experience.

I have always been interested in MA but couldn't get past some of the culture and philosophy that seemed to go with MA that made no sense to me. When I discovered the no BS approach of BJJ and I had a go at it, it opened the door to giving other combat sports a go. Now I love training standup as well and I am always looking to learn more.

Its great to find a place dedicated to blunt trauma honesty.

Right thats enough blood in the water for all you predators out there see you on the forums.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. Seems like you'll get along fine here.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi welcome, i also had troubles in the past with all the eastern stuff related to TMA difficult to digest. How long have you been doing BJJ?
    Have you tried boxing? in a boxing gym?

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    N00bs that think they are going to be mauled are usually the n00bs that get what this site is about and therefore won't get mauled. Welcome to Bullshido, your stay should be fruitful.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    N00bs that think they are going to be mauled are usually the n00bs that get what this site is about and therefore won't get mauled. Welcome to Bullshido, your stay should be fruitful.
    ^^^^^This is a pretty good summary of how it works.^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Pakeha
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Hi welcome, i also had troubles in the past with all the eastern stuff related to TMA difficult to digest. How long have you been doing BJJ?
    Have you tried boxing? in a boxing gym?
    I have been training for about 2 and a half years, give or take some time off for the life stuff that gets in the way. My club has MMA classes and I do those. My club was a stand up TMA club that saw the light and turned to the BJJ side ( before my time) and the instructors had a experience a few styles before that. We have guys that compete in the local amateur and pro scene. I have never tried boxing, or muay thai in a dedicated gym but we train that way in our mma classes. I am fully aware of my novice level in standup, one day i would like to train in a MT or boxing gym as well but its all time and money eh.

Pakeha
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the welcome all.