Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: none

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    First off I'm LMAO @ all who said Sonnen was going to men!
    LOL! Freudian slip?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 4:15am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    LOL! Freudian slip?
    Yeah! Need to proofread more.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:34am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Rashad would be a great fight IMO. That's a great stylistic matchup, to me. I'd love to see Bisping also, go at it with him.

I'm so sick of nasal almost-was Sonnen. Talking **** works so much better, in the long run, if you're winning. Otherwise, you may as well be Wes Simms, chasing Tim Silvia around, before getting smashed into paste when it finally happens.

TRT is bullshit IMO. Grown ass men, who are full of muscle need it medically to fight? So what? So they can have the hormonal balance of an 18 year old, or 4-6 18 year olds? How about this, if you don't have it, find a better career for you than fighting. There is a difference between needing it for your life's health and longevity, and needing it to pretend you aren't in your 30's, when it comes to top level competition.

There should be a bullshit sub-league for people who can't hack it, without juicing themselves up.
    Why not let them juice up as much as they want, first it will serve as a good test ground for hormonal treatments, second we will see bigger than life athletes fight, and third there will be no more whining about who had hormones and who didn't. Why not have enhancements? it's not like these guys are your regular joe in the first place, their physique and life stile is not even close to be in par with the average joe's , let them have whatever supplements they want, and we will enjoy big fights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:38am

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Why not let them juice up as much as they want, first it will serve as a good test ground for hormonal treatments, second we will see bigger than life athletes fight, and third there will be no more whining about who had hormones and who didn't. Why not have enhancements? it's not like these guys are your regular joe in the first place, their physique and life stile is not even close to be in par with the average joe's , let them have whatever supplements they want, and we will enjoy big fights.
    Sounds dangerous to the fighters though. Both the possible consequences of using those substances over periods of time, and the consequences of fighting a juiced up gorilla of a human being. For a sport to stay viable, popular, and legal, there has to be at least a minimal attempt to protect the safety of the participants.

On the other hand, gorilla fights sound sort of awesome.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 6:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Sounds dangerous to the fighters though. Both the possible consequences of using those substances over periods of time, and the consequences of fighting a juiced up gorilla of a human being. For a sport to stay viable, popular, and legal, there has to be at least a minimal attempt to protect the safety of the participants.

Do you have any studies that show a negative consequence of good steriod use (as opposed to abuse ie taking cycle after cycle after cycle)?

Also they're fighting juiced up gorillas already. Not everyone gets caught.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:02am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post

First, yes Gorilla fights are awesome so are fights between Brock Lesner and the like.
    You already have a huge arena of juiced up performers it is called the WWE. Talking about the safety of the fighters is a little ridiculous, do you see what they are doing for a living? do you think a controlled supervised hormonal treatment or steroidal treatment is worse than training like a maniac 24-7 destroying your joints and your brain so you can do exactly that in a cage? Doctors prescribe hormones and steroids 24-7 (hair loss, chronic inflammation, Thyroid or gonad removal and so on). The steroids help reduce inflammation that is always high in fighters due to muscle strain and injuries, and the hormones help build and sustain those big muscles needed to fight. It will be supervised of course and i don't think if properly supervised it is that bad, they all use it anyway they just stop a bit before tests so levels drop to "normal".

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:07am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take it away, Renato.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 9:33am

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah- I do NOT understand why people can say "Sonnen was winning the first round"

REALLY- to ANYONE who has ever dabbled in the involved sports/arts it is OBVIOUS that sonnen got STUCK in Silva's half guard! (he looked like a newb getting frustrated rolling with his instructor) all of his 'ground and pound' did ZERO damage!

(and also- I am SICK of the GSP mindset in the current UFC- where throwing a hammer fist from guard LOOKS effective because the coaches explain to the fighters `most people have no idea that strikes from closed guard do nothing- and cause no damage- so LOOK like you are throwing BOMBS!`)

What I saw first round- was a man shoot for a rushed tackled to avoid strikes- then get stuck in position and regardless of ALL the attempts he made- Silva kept him shut down.

I don`t think i need to recap round 2...

And the previous Silva v Sonnen fight . .. . just because Sonnen SAT ON HIS HEELS in andersons guard- PRETENDING to throw damaging hammer fists . . . means nothing.

That is EXACTLY why the point/judging system in the UFC is broken- because people cheer to see GSP or Sonnen dance away from striking (throwing combos in between) and halfway through the round closing the gap- and sitting on their heels in guard throwing hammers..

YET- for some reason- Silva not wishing to play 'patty cake' with Cote- and avoiding him until a decisive KO . . . is being a 'bad sportsman'??

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 10:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Do you have any studies that show a negative consequence of good steriod use (as opposed to abuse ie taking cycle after cycle after cycle)?

Also they're fighting juiced up gorillas already. Not everyone gets caught.
    I for my part don't mind the use of steroids as much as I mind the compulsive lying. Those men fancy themselves rolemodels, while at this stage, they are nothing but laboratory rats. I don't want my or anybody's children being taught by people such as them.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 7/09/2012 10:13am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashad would get his ass handed to him by Silva. He basically already did- look at his fight against Machida. Very similar fighters.

Knowing Rashad, he would probably rely on his decent stand up and ignore his fantastic wrestling skills before getting knocked the hell out in spectacular fashion. You heard it here first.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast