Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    That kind of looked like Silva LET Sonnen take him down for shits and giggles.
    That's what my cousin and I were speculating about - that given how Silva beat Sonnen last time with a sub from guard, maybe his team wanted him to bait the takedown early on so that he could try and catch Sonnen early on before he got slippery with sweat. Given how Silva was able to stuff Sonnen's takedown attempts in the second round, it didn't even look as if he tried to avoid that one in the first. Oh, and if Sonnen ever claims to be the best fighter in the world and that he has been the best for a long time, someone should remind him that not only does he have three unavenged losses to Jeremy Horn (3? WTF?), but that he had Silva in mount for 52 seconds and didn't even try to posture up to GNP nor try for a sub.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1ncsce
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 3:42pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Check your eyesight man. That was clearly to the chest. A glancing blow at best to the face, definitely not intended, and afterwards Chael even called it a "knee to the body". His head whipped back AFTER his body. The ref, the announcers, both fighters, and the fight promoter ALL say it was a legal strike.

He lost, fair and square, get over it.
    Calm down killer and read my post again. Thigh to face. Knee to chest. I fully concur with the rest of your statement.

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 6:53pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes. It got you to get all pissed off, rant as usual, and then produce some helpful information.

Why? You are a dick when it comes to anything medically related.

He did ask for a study didn't he? Yes, he did.
    You are right, I do get pissed off, because most people on these forums talk out of their ass (that's not really a surprise), but it gets old with medical stuff, the same way it gets old when people bring up wing chun vs MMA, or other such stuff we see on here all the time.

I didn't even need university access to post those references--the abstracts are all available for free. People just get lazy.

What I really don't like lately is the "all performance enhancing drugs should just be allowed" attitude. Besides sportsmanship, there is a reason some of this stuff is highly regulated, like EPO. A lot of these drugs are only studied for very specific conditions, and while they can give you a performance edge, the side effects are generally either 1) bad, or 2) unknown. In the case of #2, time and time again, we see 20 years down the line that most things are worse than predicted, not less so.

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 6:56pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Do you have any studies that show a negative consequence of good steriod use (as opposed to abuse ie taking cycle after cycle after cycle)?
    Define "good steroid use." A one week course to help heal an injury? Dicking with natural hormones is generally not a great idea. Even birth control (female hormones) has side effects. It's just that the benefits significantly outweigh the harms by most peoples' calculations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 9:49pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCesar View Post
    The look on chael's face says:

Quote Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen
    No! I'm a republican!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2012 1:13am

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and yet the look in his eyes says "I'm a Republican Senator"

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2012 10:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anybody ever see that video of some Brazilian dude calling Chael a "hepublican"?
  9. Derpjitsu

Posted On:
    7/12/2012 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wrong thread/edited
    Last edited by Derpjitsu; 7/12/2012 10:05pm at .

:)

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've re-watched the rematch repeatedly, and Chael, to my perception landed good shots twice in the entire fight. He was stuck in half-guard for most of the 1st, and didn't posture up but twice. When he got mount, he didn't do anything with it. Taps and slaps, with a few somewhat-marginal-but-decent body shot mixed in.

There was some forearm grinding, but everyone knows Anderson Silva's skin is an Admantium Weave, and doesn't cut like normal men's.

The 2nd round was a schooling. Chael was stiff, and a little gassed, and Anderson was giving him a very quick clinic on how to frustrate a functionally-one-dimensional wrestler.

Chael's failed spinning backfist attempt wasn't as notable IMO, as Anderson's Matrix dodge of it, and subsequent brilliant GNP.

Anderson is the absolute tops, if people want to see skill at combat sports. Find Badr Hari if you just want striking...otherwise, Anderson is the man.

He is a genius with his timing/spacial-awareness.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast