Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 1819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait..hang on...I have a suspicion of where it is you train...question, has the center/school of where you train a traditional japanese garden with some sorta teahouse/temple or whatever?
    and is there or did there used to be a japanese girl 'assisting' the headteacher?
    does the headteacher there have greyhair and no muscletone whatsoever?
    if it's him: RUN FOR THE HILLS, NEVER LOOK BACK.

that was all.

edit: found it: http://www.shintairyu.nl/
    if you train with these people or at this school, you are wasting your money.
    Last edited by Lebell; 7/05/2012 10:19am at . Reason: additional info found

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Straight up. Here in Belgium, I occasionnally hear someone say that they want to/plan to/just went to Thailand for a MT camp.

I'm thinking to myself: "Lolwut, just go North, Holland is pretty much the new Mecca of MT."

Additionally, those guys that come back from Thailand often have great kicks, but weak hands. Barely mixing it up, just keeping distance for legkicks, or going in for clinch.

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Straight up. Here in Belgium, I occasionnally hear someone say that they want to/plan to/just went to Thailand for a MT camp.

I'm thinking to myself: "Lolwut, just go North, Holland is pretty much the new Mecca of MT."

Additionally, those guys that come back from Thailand often have great kicks, but weak hands. Barely mixing it up, just keeping distance for legkicks, or going in for clinch.
    true.
    usually dutch fighters wtfpwn the thai.
    yet the nutriders always say the thai deliberately never show them the r34l MT, eventhough there's great prizem0ney etc.
    oh well.
    early nineties there was a legendary competition between I believe a bunch of dudes from Holland vs Thailand, I also do believe if I remember correctly the dutch did pretty well.

but this is besides the point.
    this dutch dude here trains traditional JJ, most likely from the link I posted above.
    while there's a perfectly good renzo gracie school there.

compare both links and choose what school you'd rather train at:

http://renzogracieholland.com/nl/inf...e-tilburg.html

www.shintairyu.nl

they are both in your hometown.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    true.
    usually dutch fighters wtfpwn the thai.
    yet the nutriders always say the thai deliberately never show them the r34l MT, eventhough there's great prizem0ney etc.
    oh well.
    Ahhh so you have those idiots as well. "OMG I must leave my country to get real <insert art>."

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Ahhh so you have those idiots as well. "OMG I must leave my country to get real <insert art>."
    yup.
    tbh ive met both.
    I've also come across a couple of dutch guys (and sparred with em) who went to thailand and actually had very interesting techniques/combo's.
    One guy ive sparred before and with him I could asses that he did became better after 3 months there.

I've also met guys who (thats my guess) trained at lesser camps, probably more in it for the money (those camps) and were horrible.

In Holland training with big names is unbelievably cheap for american standards, years ago there was a Bas Rutten seminar for the equivalent of 15 usd.
    yes, two hours long, for 15 bucks...lol.

I've done seminars with Sem schildt, and also with Hoost to name a few, and if I had to pay at all, it was never more than 20 euros.
    That's for an entire day.

Still there's people like FYT who rather do traditional stuff at crapschools like the one I linked.
    I've also linked the second one to show this folley, there's a perfectly good BJJ school there, and a bit further down south you got Remco Pardoel's school and Harold Harder's school.

Yet people rather choose to train at the traditional JJ and judo schools cos it's more in their comfort zone.
    The judofederation here are a bunch of thieving bastards and all they babble about is who got promoted to which rank and laadeedah.

it's mindboggeling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 11:58am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FYT View Post
    It always boils down to individuals and their own dedication to expand their capabilities.
    Styles teach you principles ....blah blah blah blah blah sport blah blah blah practitioner not the art blah blah derp blah
  7. FYT

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 12:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yup.
    tbh ive met both.
    I've also come across a couple of dutch guys (and sparred with em) who went to thailand and actually had very interesting techniques/combo's.
    One guy ive sparred before and with him I could asses that he did became better after 3 months there.

I've also met guys who (thats my guess) trained at lesser camps, probably more in it for the money (those camps) and were horrible.

In Holland training with big names is unbelievably cheap for american standards, years ago there was a Bas Rutten seminar for the equivalent of 15 usd.

I've done seminars with Sem schildt, and also with Hoost to name a few, and if I had to pay at all, it was never more than 20 euros.
    That's for an entire day.

Still there's people like FYT who rather do traditional stuff at crapschools like the one I linked.
    I've also linked the second one to show this folley, there's a perfectly good BJJ school there, and a bit further down south you got Remco Pardoel's school and Harold Harder's school.

Yet people rather choose to train at the traditional JJ and judo schools cos it's more in their comfort zone.
    The judofederation here are a bunch of thieving bastards and all they babble about is who got promoted to which rank and laadeedah.

it's mindboggeling.
    Oh noes.... my school does not have buffed up teachers... I've got flee from here cuz they dont know what they're talking about...yeargh...

F.Y.I. I Have trained at Remco Pardoels schools in Oss, and sure it was interesting but just not for me.
    I've no need to pursue martial arts for physical purposes like a testosterone driven adrenaline junkie.
    Nor do I feel the need to do it for spiritual mumbo jumbo.

I've learned allot of useless kicking skills with Taekwondo i'll never use on the street but I'm glad I've been through it.
    I've learned allot of throws and ground techniques in Judo, and Punching when I was boxing.
    I've been competitive in all of them and fought on the streets, winning some and losing others along the way.

All I know is that I can fight, that I like to fight... and that I'm gonna fight my way.
    As long as I can keep myself relatively healthy with it (in general or cuz i lost a fight).. its all good.
    At least I'm not hiding behind a fictitious location.

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 12:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So that is your school then?
  9. FYT

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So that is your school then?
    Oh I thought it was clear from my first sentence.
    But I'm not ashamed to say I'm from that Shintairyu school.

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 12:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang!

I'd pay $15 just to have a beer with Bas. That guy is a riot!