Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 1:40am

Style: bjj/thai boxing/mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!

how and why

how and why is it still possible that people do not see and understand fighting for what it is. look at a weponless fight it starts some wear and ends some wear these are the things that can happen. striking, trapping, clinching, throwing/take downs, positional control, fight ends with submission, knock out or death.

it would seem that a martial artist would want to become good at all aspects of this possible senario and escaping these problems. hence the term artist. so how can we do that.(enter style) i see arguments like catch wrestling vs bjj / karate vs kung fu etc. what a load of ****. hear is the deal. first we assess the desired out come. do we live in a war torn land wear we need to kill? do we want to win at a specific sport with rule sets?do we just want to get healthy and do something with our kids?

so establish the out come then find what ever information you can from sources who have proven effective at achieving those goals then go to the gym train real hard with the goal in mind not limiting your self to one style but keep an open mind(blood sport:)) and practice techniques and strengthen your body.

now the argument whats a better style isnt the question. let me explain.

if i say catch is better than bjj for example how do i prove it? common answer by practising catch then wrestling people who practice bjj. but that is wrong. here is the truth.

I hold a tournament where the rules are catch wrestling rules (what ever they are neck cranks allowed etc) then say all are welcome to enter. now we will see who is the best catch wrestler and has the best style. and im not talking named style. dragon this or ryu that. im talking individuals who trained hard to compete and show what they can do. maybe some one is the best kick boxer/kyokoshin champion/savat champion because they learn to play by the rules of all those organizations and then win.

the point is what has the individual trained for in his gym not what history is there i can hold on to to say my style is better when all those stories prove is some one else was better a few years ago and not me.

example my great great grand father was a general who lead soldiers into battle. should i say my style is best because some one who had some influence generations ago was a strait killer. and so every night at home i practice holding my gun in the mirror but never actualy shoot any 1. obviously that logic is flawed

so my rant to finnish this first post on this thread is this.

if you want to learn to fight be logical unless you live in a war zone sport fighting is the only real option to learn real skills you can test. with that in mind mma is the most broad.then you could choose either a striking or grappling event to focus on testing your skillz in. understand what a fight is then find people you can verify have proven them selves to be successful. if you dont want to train under real reactionary pressure then dont kid your self into thinking you are learning to fight. you may be getting strong you may be getting healthy but if what your doing does not have a direct mesurable use under pressure its not martial arts its dancing.

i dont know is this trolling ? abusing the masses? education? or just my own inability to be tolerent?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 1:51am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So if context is king, and I feel like rockin' so black pajamas before bed time, then I should be a ninja! Right?

Right?

Beuller?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 1:54am

Style: bjj/thai boxing/mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well king of the ninjas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 1:56am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TIM View Post
    i dont know is this trolling ?
    Yes. Yes, it is.

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 3:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why I just call myself a martial sportist (sp?)... solves a lot of problems I say

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 5:06am

Style: Judo,JKD,Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a chronic self spanker, so I do Hapkido. When I ask someone to grab my wrist, you better believe I mean that ****.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 5:48am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wall of semi-understandable text
    I beg your pardon. Could you repeat that?
    Shut the hell up and train.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 6:15am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or just my own inability to be tolerent?
    it's your own inability to write up a coherent story.
    What's the matter?
    Is the World of Warcraft server down?

Oh man, lemme tell you about this time.
    So im with darkelf94 and Orcboi98, my homies and we went like, yo let's gank some allies.
    So then we took our flying tigers and headed off to the goblin village where we just knew the noobs were at.
    Our gearlevel was totally pro and we knew this would be easy.
    We had to wait for Orcboi98 a bit cos his mom was yelling at him, we could hear over teamspeak3.
    We have been trying to get orcboi send us some pics of his mom cos she sounds totally hot.
    So anyway, Darkelf94 and me were like waiting for him to return and we was gettin our weapons ready, I had the giant staff of countless pleasures (took me months of grinding to get, but totally worth it) and I was really curious how it would hold up against the narrow portal of the blessed virgins spell.

Finally Orcoboi gets back and apologises and also refused to send us pics of his mom and told us to knock it off.
    All go0od.
    So Darkelf unleashes his 'foam of the midnight hour' spell on the allied noobs, and they are covered in it and freaking out and ****.
    Epic lolz.
    I move in and slap my staff of endless pleasures around, ripped right through that narrow portal of the blessed virgins counterspell.
    Some noobmage tried to counter again with the 'objection of the elders' spell but to no effect.

All in all it was a pretty easy battle because we knew when and where to attack.
    Do you get my point?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 7:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started reading the OP, but somewear during the post it really started to where on me and I stopped.
    Last edited by profroche; 6/29/2012 7:30am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 7:39am

Style: Judo,JKD,Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by profroche View Post
    I started reading the OP, but somewear during the post it really started to where on me and I stopped.
    There, their, they're. Your learned about the Marshall arts....
Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast