233145 Bullies, 3522 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 56
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,738

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 4:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Does this freedom of speech cut both ways then?

    "Johnny Big Wheel is a paedophile....he isn't really but, hey, I am just exercising my right to free speech"

    Now obviously there is a victim in this instance, and it is hyperbolic
    Actually, given the phrasing there's not obviously a victim.

    but when you lie for GAIN (either intentionally or by association with the lie "you are a vet? have a free beer") then abso-fucking-lutley should legislation kick in and you should get toasted alive
    Yeah, that sounds like a fair punishment for getting a free beer.
  2. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,738

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 4:30pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    However, there are plenty of people who build entire careers on their bullshit military acheivements. Those people should face prison time.
    They do, if they've committed fraud etc.
  3. mike321 is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,523

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 4:40pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read supreme court ruling, too broad a law. I hope congress tightens up the scope, focus on the fraud angle and get some better restrictions on this activity that pass constitutional muster.
  4. Cullion is offline
    Cullion's Avatar

    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 4:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Read supreme court ruling, too broad a law. I hope congress tightens up the scope, focus on the fraud angle and get some better restrictions on this activity that pass constitutional muster.
    You already have a law against fraud. Why do you need a special additional law for people who've been in the military ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.
  5. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,738

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 4:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on down to Joeleen Freddie's Manslammin' Medal of Honor NAMBLA Party?
  6. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 5:09pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tall tales are an ancient thing. Some statements that are fraud in certain settings, shouldn't be so, say... on a bar stool w/ nothing at stake. Bullshitting is as old as speech IMO.

    If the lies are used to draw money out of, or falsely claim authority over marks, then yes, it's fraud and there are already laws against deceptive practices like that.

    Perhaps people should carry their papers, or have some convenient tattoo or microchip implant, to make sure anyone can find out exactly who they are, and if they're lying at any time. Maybe some TV screen in the apt. where you could look at it, but someone could look at you simultaneously, just to make sure.

    "It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself--anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face...; was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime..."
    Then no one can lie, and everything will be detectable and punishable.
  7. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 5:32pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Tall tales are an ancient thing. Some statements that are fraud in certain settings, shouldn't be so, say... on a bar stool w/ nothing at stake. Bullshitting is as old as speech IMO.

    If the lies are used to draw money out of, or falsely claim authority over marks, then yes, it's fraud and there are already laws against deceptive practices like that.

    Perhaps people should carry their papers, or have some convenient tattoo or microchip implant, to make sure anyone can find out exactly who they are, and if they're lying at any time. Maybe some TV screen in the apt. where you could look at it, but someone could look at you simultaneously, just to make sure.

    Then no one can lie, and everything will be detectable and punishable.
    All must abide and all must adhere,
    Future oppression becoming all clear,
    This is a warning so you must take heed,
    This coming vision is reality.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  8. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 5:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Does this freedom of speech cut both ways then?
    Well, it does if you use it to rightfully ridicule the hell out of a Walter Mitty, which is a great way to combat this kind of stuff, in my opinion.
  9. mike321 is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,523

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 6:54pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    You already have a law against fraud. Why do you need a special additional law for people who've been in the military ?
    Tough because fraud law is about money and damages and so many of the medal holders are gone, many died doing what got them the medal. More of an emotional thing I guess.
  10. mike321 is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,523

    Posted On:
    6/28/2012 6:54pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I know emotions are not an arguement.

    Sorry for dbl post.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.