Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 10:07pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't watch your video for some reason. I assumed it had bone. Less impressed If no bone.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 10:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I approve of this topic given the incipient Zombie Apacolypse.
    Never have to reload a sword!!!!
    Michonne. That is all.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 10:36pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Can't watch your video for some reason. I assumed it had bone. Less impressed If no bone.
    It has bone.

With anything better at cutting than a rapier, bone is not really such a big deal. I’ve cut a bit of pig with rib-bones in it; wielding a longsword, it was hard to tell whether you went through the bones or between them. Swords work. (Rapiers, though, really are poor cutting tools; but lunging through a thick piece of pork with fat and hide attached felt much like lunging through a creampuff—with decent lunging form I could hardly feel any resistance.)
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 2:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    ^^That is a great advert!

I love swords. I have 15-20 of them, most of them being cheesy 440 steel. I have one that is decent, and I will be getting a Cold Steel sword before the Zed strike.
    Oh good god don't do it. If you want to get a sword, get a sword (Albion, or Arms and Armour make decent reproduction European swords which are actually swords).

If you want to buy a random sharpened piece of metal for hacking things up, get a machete.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 6:37am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two_Hands View Post
    Oh good god don't do it. If you want to get a sword, get a sword (Albion, or Arms and Armour make decent reproduction European swords which are actually swords).

If you want to buy a random sharpened piece of metal for hacking things up, get a machete.
    Oh, I has plenty of da machete. I just prefer swords. I have held the CS swords and swung them around quite a bit. They are surprisingly well made replicas that are not meant as wall hangers. I Will check out Albion.

Want some nice "custom swords"? Check out http://zombietools.net/

Stops Zed dead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
  6. FYT

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna jump right in the middle here.
    As we just introduced: Free Your Tensions, with the acronym FYT (pronounced as "Fight") here in the Netherlands.
    As the name implies we "fight in order to free our tensions" and we do this through swordplay.

We don't teach you anything......we simply hope to inspire people to actually take up a real martial art.
    All we provide is a safe environment where u can Hack and Bash away without worrying about hurting or getting hurt like a barbarian.

You can clearly see in the video WHY most martial arts consider "wrestling" the basis of all combat.
    After the initial clash the stopping power of the sword is severly limited forcing players to resort to pushbattles and takedowns. (since we don't allow jointlocks for obvious reasons)

Bottomline:
    1. you need space to get "stopping power" using a sword.
    2. Stopping power lowers dramatically vs Armored opponents.
    Stabbing "might" stop an opponent circumventing #1 if #2 is not an issue but still no guarantee.
    Being stabbed is not the same as being dead or incapacitated, the stabbed one can still do something.

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 9:54am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not serious. I mean, I know people on the internet are, in general, idiots but surely it can't be that bad?

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Great vid. I wonder if any one handed sword even comes close.
    Well I'm not going to spam up this borad with a ton of videos, but the Cold Steel company produces just about any classic sword design you can imagine. Then they cut up pig carcasses and post the videos so you can see the might and fury.

Ever wonder about to efficacy of a saber vs. a Roman gladius? Scotish Claymore vs. Germanic Grosse Messer? They got it all on tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    I didn’t find the video all that impressive, for that matter; that meat didn’t look like it even had bone in it.
    I noticed that too. The shaterring of the last two jaws while cutting meat impressed me though. While it may not be the most exacting test (Ultimate Warrior is terrible in that regard most of the time) it does demo the Claymore as a genuine zombie slayer.

I like that Arma video BTW. That rediculously clean cut through the deer's spine definitely shows the devistating power of these weapons. So glad I'm not a medieval peasant right now...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2012 11:19am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    I bet he finds it fucking hard not to eat that afterwards.

Are you kidding, what you dont see is the grill just to the cameras left.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678