Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:21am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it was a normal situation i would say don't go so you don't infect your friends, but because this is a cut throat environment, and because i don't give a **** about them, i would say go, and cough and breath into their mouths as much as possible.
    My trainer's mentality is that you come and practice with a light flu, he thinks the raised body heat actually helps overcome. (He is old school Russian). I find that it sometimes actually works, but it's very hard, and you can get hurt if you spar rough. If you can go and take it easy than go. Otherwise stay, stretch and rest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 6:41pm

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick update for you chaps;

We are four weeks in, and it seems to me like the production side of things is pretty slow so far. Only minimal filming has been done, but I think they have enough to get an episode out in the next couple of weeks.

As for the actual training, it's going really well! I'm probably the fittest I've ever been in my life already (which keep in mind isn't saying much), and I've managed to drop 6 kilos (about 13 pounds) of fat over the past 26 days. The training has been constant - 6am starts, 1-1.5 hour sessions 4-5 days a week. Each week we have two general MMA classes, either a striking or BJJ class depending on what week it is, and a Strength and Conditioning class.

The coaches are suggesting that we do more training outside of this as well, and I plan to take that up this week by training at my local club this Thursday, and probably every Monday/Tuesday. Depending on costs I might stick around at the gym after classes in the morning for extra training.

I'm pretty damn confident right now that I'll make it through to the next stage in 6 weeks time - and hopefully, in April next year, you'll be seeing me fight!

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 7:21pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for checking in. Keep us updated, and if you can give us any other insider info, let us know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 5:33pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Blokes and Sheilas, just thought I'd update you all on how things are going with W2W.

We are now into week 6, and things are starting to come together. I've managed to drop 9 kilos (almost 20 pounds) since training started (I weighed in at 138 at the start of the show, I am now 129!), and my general cardio and fitness is getting better and better - today, I managed about 18 sprint laps (about 200 meters or so per lap) plus a butt load of jogging, as well as some clinch/pummeling drills, and I don't feel destroyed afterwards.

Skills wise things are improving, I'm holding my own pretty well in grappling now against guys with more experience than I. Striking has been fairly minimal so far, but I think my striking skill set wasn't terrible to begin with. Either way, I hope we start sparring soon.

I visited "the Lab" last week too - the use a Bod Pod pressure chamber thingie to measure your body fat percentage, how many calories you burn on average etc. Turns out I'm sitting at about 31% body fat. Coach wants me to get to the low 20's, which means I'll probably end up weighing in around the 115 kilo mark (253 pounds). I'm burning approximately 2500 calories a day (without exercise), so if I can reduce me daily intake to about 2000 (combined with training), I'll start losing flab even faster. Found out my official height is 201 cm's (about 6'7").

The W2W website is apparently almost done, and should be up soon! In the mean time, some of the other wimps have been doing up fan pages so people can keep track of their progress, check out video blogs etc. I'm thinking of doing the same.

Cheers for any comments or advice guys!

Oh, and here is a pic of me in the Bod Pod!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3909_10151215904908695_541762292_n.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	13973
    Last edited by greatheight; 11/04/2012 5:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:12am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UPDATE TIME

We're going into our final two weeks, and I have some bad news, some good news, and some even better news!

Bad news; the production company originally going to make Wimp 2 Warrior has had to pull out - I won't go into details, but it may involve the word "fraud".

Good news; A new production company sought us out, and want to work with us - they are even confident they can get the show onto t.v next year! So things are looking up.

BEST News: Fight Match ups between wimps are announced next week! Not everyone has an opponent, but I'm pretty confident I'll get one :)

Just an update on my personal progress - I'm down to 123 kilos (that's 15 kilos of fat I've lost now) and I've begun to really enjoy ground and pound from side control.

I've also made a fighter page (slightly conceited I know, but we are encouraged to do such things). If you want to check it out, here is the address; should have vid diaries and such up there soon! Feel free to like it too...

https://www.facebook.com/BenWarhammerKeating

Any questions, please ask!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 10:45am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your Nickname is Warhammer? Quit living out my childhood escapist power fantasies!

Anyways, good thing some else picked up the slack and that you have a probable fight lined up. Good luck, man.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 10:56am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random82 View Post
    Your Nickname is Warhammer? Quit living out my childhood escapist power fantasies!

Anyways, good thing some else picked up the slack and that you have a probable fight lined up. Good luck, man.
    Warhammer is an awesome nickname, you shut the **** up. I can't believe I missed this for so long. Are the show episodes archived anywhere so we can go back and watch them?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 12:12pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Warhammer is an awesome nickname, you shut the **** up. I can't believe I missed this for so long. Are the show episodes archived anywhere so we can go back and watch them?
    The show hasn't aired yet. So no, there aren't. Also, I read the post above yours to also imply that Warhammer is an awesome nickname. Really, who DIDN'T dream of being named Warhammer as a kid?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 12:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie McGee View Post
    The show hasn't aired yet. So no, there aren't. Also, I read the post above yours to also imply that Warhammer is an awesome nickname. Really, who DIDN'T dream of being named Warhammer as a kid?
    For some reason I thought they were supposed to have aired online in september... Well, I'm looking forward to it now.

Also, the 'you shut the **** up' was tongue in cheek. It's all good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 12:47pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random82 View Post

I'm pretty chuffed with it too - it is of course connected to my hobby of table top war gaming rather than anything else, but the other contestants have been calling me this from day 1, so I've kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I can't believe I missed this for so long. Are the show episodes archived anywhere so we can go back and watch them?
    Yeah, due to the production issues, we probably won't be seeing any episodes anytime soon, which of course sucks. However, the format this new production team wants to follow is to show the first three months worth of episodes (of which there isn't much footage really) online for free to get the W2W brand out there, and then film the last three months worth of fight training for t.v.

Hopefully it all goes through, as I'd love everyone to see it, but honestly even if it doesn't, I'm happy that I've been through this awesome experience.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast