Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 5:16am

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Wicked. When does this shindig start?
    Mid September by the looks of things. Not sure if it is going to be shown "live" or filmed then shown later. Not very far away!

Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Chris hasemen does a show a bit like this. Sometimes there is a call out to other gyms to find the fight guy for you. In one case one guy fought the coach.

We have a 110kg fatty here you could beat the **** out of if you want.

By the way if you want to start getting fit for this. And I would advise start now I can get you in to contact with my coach who will be able to help you out.
    Haha, cool! If they producers are happy for me to move through and there isn't anyone at heavyweight, I'll let them know they have options.

As for getting fit, I asked them if it was ok for me to go back to training, and they said yes, but to not overdo it - they want me raw, so I should only focus on basic skills, and not worry about fitness or diet. In other words, they want to show they can turn a fat nerd into an MMA fighter, not a semi-fit, semi-experienced everyday fellow into an MMA fighter. I'll still be sneaking in some cheeky training though - I don't want to have too much of a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    As a fellow fat guy, geek, painter of toy soldiers, and Martial Hobbyist, good for you, good luck, and remember, the Moobs are your greatest weapon!
    *takes note* Smother... with... man-boobs. Got it.

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 5:53pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is that submission where you gain mount and then just suffocate them with your belly?

Do that one.

Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    Haha, cool! If they producers are happy for me to move through and there isn't anyone at heavyweight, I'll let them know they have options.

As for getting fit, I asked them if it was ok for me to go back to training, and they said yes, but to not overdo it - they want me raw, so I should only focus on basic skills, and not worry about fitness or diet. In other words, they want to show they can turn a fat nerd into an MMA fighter, not a semi-fit, semi-experienced everyday fellow into an MMA fighter. I'll still be sneaking in some cheeky training though - I don't want to have too much of a disadvantage.
    No dramas. In any event you should be focusing on your basic skills anyway. You are fighting in six months now is not the time to be mastering the flying triangle.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 7/03/2012 5:57pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 8:24am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is awesome, I'll be looking forward to it.

Weight is not an issue for me but I'm definitely a fellow geek, and I'll be rooting for you. Good luck!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw this, awesome, and congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 2:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    If you make it to the end, you do have to dedicate your fight to a couple of dorks on the internet who taught you everything.
    or dedicate it to steven segall

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2012 9:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post

No dramas. In any event you should be focusing on your basic skills anyway. You are fighting in six months now is not the time to be mastering the flying triangle.
    True - it's going to be challenging enough trying to be disciplined and pushing myself to physical limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebakaran View Post
    This is awesome, I'll be looking forward to it.

Weight is not an issue for me but I'm definitely a fellow geek, and I'll be rooting for you. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Just saw this, awesome, and congrats!
    Cheers chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by pepto_bismol View Post
    or dedicate it to steven segall
    Or I could use it as a platform to challenge him to battle.

The Head coach of the series, Richie Cranny, just did an interview with No Gloves http://www.nogloves.com/wimp2warrior.html A lot more info on what is to come.

Also, George Sotiropolous and Ross Pearson have been confirmed for the Smashes (the Ultimate Fighter: Aus vs UK) AND Carwin and Roy Nelson have been confirmed for TUF 16. We're in for a chunky 6 months of TV shows I reckon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 8:03pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    I'm currently overweight, unfit, and I paint and sell toy soldiers for Games Workshop as a living, and while I've got a little bit of Thai Kickboxing and BJJ experience, it's not expansive, nor have I been to training consistantly the past couple of years.
    Yet this in itself is totally awesome.

Good luck.
  8. zhainerobenson

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 8:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool thread!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 7:15am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey chaps, awesome news on the Wimp 2 Warrior front.

Training starts on the 17th of September, and the show will be FREE AND ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE INTERWEBS! Filming will be done 2-3 times a week, and all contestants will be required to keep a weekly vid-blog. As soon as I have an address for the official site, I'll post it up here.

Not long to go now! Can't wait for this ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 5:32am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just an update chaps and chapesses - the show has been delayed until the 1st of October due to production issues. This has also shortened the training schedule from 22 weeks to 20.

I've also taken in one of the other contestants to board at my house for the duration of the show.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast