Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Self training is good with a base to work from. If not, you look like this.

    So you're saying we should self train without a solid base? I've always wanted to be a pimping santa clause ninja from outer space.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    612
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwscott View Post
    So you're saying we should self train without a solid base? I've always wanted to be a pimping santa clause ninja from outer space.
    Get it right. That is Santa's brother, Ted. He is ticked due to sibling rivalry. He has been training some midget wrestler's so he can make an attack on the NP.

  3. #33
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robert Fitzsimmons, a world champion heavyweight bareknuckle boxer, wrote that one should exercise 30 minutes a day, and lift weights but only ones under 3lbs. 3lbs! Was that really good advice from the world champ? Well, maybe it was a hundred years ago, when people had rugged manual labor jobs and basically exercised all day.

    My point is that what works for someone in one environment does not necessarily mean it will work for someone else in a different one. Maybe self training could kinda work in the right environment, but Hijikata Toshizo lived in a much different environment than you or I, in many, many ways. Maybe in his time, you could go and watch people practicing swordsmanship to get an idea of the good and the bad, and maybe you could have casual sparring sessions with other dudes. You and him are apples and oranges.

  4. #34
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While your "source" (wikipedia) says he is self trained MY "source" (The Samurai wiki) claims he studied at many a dojo whilst peddling his warez.

    Dunno what to tell you about your training man, only my condolences and to say I'd be disappointed if:

    a) I never made it back to another Boston/NY TD
    b) If I made it to one you weren't there
    c) That a lack of training makes my repeated bouncing of your head off my knee less meaningful

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So The Question did you start to motherfucking train?

  6. #36
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    So The Question did you start to motherfucking train?
    The hardest part of training, the doing!
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  7. #37
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    While your "source" (wikipedia) says he is self trained MY "source" (The Samurai wiki) claims he studied at many a dojo whilst peddling his warez.

    Dunno what to tell you about your training man, only my condolences and to say I'd be disappointed if:

    a) I never made it back to another Boston/NY TD
    b) If I made it to one you weren't there
    c) That a lack of training makes my repeated bouncing of your head off my knee less meaningful
    a. would be quite disappointing.
    b. would be even more disappointing
    c ************, please. There are no circumstances under which c. could occur. Q's head bounces of nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

  8. #38
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    So The Question did you start to motherfucking train?
    Of course, ************. Still getting my tire set up right and watching videos. Currently throwing imaginary opponents. It's like fucking Sanda Kata or some ****. Have to do that **** in the dark though, can't have the neighbours thinking I'm any weirder than they already think I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Of course, ************. Still getting my tire set up right and watching videos. Currently throwing imaginary opponents. It's like fucking Sanda Kata or some ****. Have to do that **** in the dark though, can't have the neighbours thinking I'm any weirder than they already think I am.
    LOLZ I live in the motherfucking Third World so I know what a tight budget is but cant you get a real boxing bag?
    Or you are using the tires Fedor style?:


    IDEA: Stop all that kung-fu movie bullshit and just train like Fedor

  10. #40
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,185
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Videos

    Please for the love of all that's holy VIDEOS

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO